Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Does GM trucks have the lean cruise, as

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zick
Yeah I was doing that for a while, got pretty decent gas milage as well but I kept getting a weird bucking happening when I let off the gas around 40mph+ and cruise to a stop. It wasn't really that bad but it annoyed me enought that I finally went back to CL.
Slow down your DFCO a bit, and/or possibly pull back the spark under those load conditions. Lean bucking is what's most likely going on there... can happen under light throttle too if you go to lean at to high of a load value.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
have a scan of that happening?
Somewhere I do, but nothing seems out of the ordinary.

Originally Posted by SS_bnoon_SS
Slow down your DFCO a bit, and/or possibly pull back the spark under those load conditions. Lean bucking is what's most likely going on there... can happen under light throttle too if you go to lean at to high of a load value.
Actually my DFCO has never been enabled. You could be right about the spark, I never though about having too high of spark there.

It doesn't really matter anymore cause its fine now in CL mode and I'm going to be trading in the truck in a couple weeks and I don't want to drag this topic off track anymore than we have.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

get efi live and get a custom operating system and do a speed density auto tune on it and set your air fuel ratio by manifold air pressure vs rpm..i got my set to 16.0:1..at cruise.. i get 14.8 with my 6.0 with all my mods..
Old 10-04-2006, 11:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok, is it possible to enable the lean cruise? I'm alittle confused. If not is it possible to lean out the fuel mixture and back off timing at certain RPM, say about 2200 rpms. Then when the load increases it would richen the fuel and add timing? While using HPTuneing software?

Thnaks
Old 10-04-2006, 12:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stampede4ever
Ok, is it possible to enable the lean cruise? I'm alittle confused. If not is it possible to lean out the fuel mixture and back off timing at certain RPM, say about 2200 rpms. Then when the load increases it would richen the fuel and add timing? While using HPTuneing software?

Thnaks
No, you can't get it to work on trucks. Some of the tables are there in the tune, but it can't be properly enabled.

As others have said, you can go with a Speed Density tune to set your cruise A/F ratio to what ever works best for you. All you have to do (after setting up speed density basics and disabling the MAF) is run a scan while cruising to find the KPa you're truck is at while cruising and then make your changes to the coresponding VE value/timing/etc...