Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Editing PCM Operating System

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 03:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dc_justin
You can do much better than that for EFI Live with an LC-1. If I remember correctly, $950 for both together, commercial version

Again though (I'm beating a dead horse here, I know), I just want to emphasize the danger of doing anything like that. The ETC system is finnicky, that's why they disable ETC mapping adjustments in the personal version. Improper adjustments can toast a PCM.

I'd really just stick to the Open Loop vs RPM/Map table in COS3+ personally Same effect + better PE transition (equivalent). Only downside is if your tune isn't spot on, you have no LTFTs and fueling may be off a bit.
(oops, I shouldn't have hit submit so soon, I added a bit to my post after that).

$950 sounds a lot better, where I can get that price?

Thanks again for your input here, do appreciate it!
Old 07-28-2006, 04:01 AM
Hello Dave

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by endo
(oops, I shouldn't have hit submit so soon, I added a bit to my post after that).

$950 sounds a lot better, where I can get that price?

Thanks again for your input here, do appreciate it!
Sorry, I was wrong, it is $975. Greenlight Motorsports. They're an LS1tech sponsor and big posters at EFILive's forum.

Oh, and regarding your concern about the price between the two (HPT & EFI Live). You can't fairly compare them apples to apples, as at the lowest price point for each, you get different levels of features offered (external sensor hookup is included with all EFI Live packages, but only on HPT enhanced, etc). I personally like the fact that each additional license that I purchase for my EFI Live cable brings me closer to having a full workshop license, which I hope to get to sooner than later. That may not be important to some people and should be considered in the purchase decision.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry, I was wrong, it is $975. Greenlight Motorsports. They're an LS1tech sponsor and big posters at EFILive's forum.

Oh, and regarding your concern about the price between the two (HPT & EFI Live). You can't fairly compare them apples to apples, as at the lowest price point for each, you get different levels of features offered (external sensor hookup is included with all EFI Live packages, but only on HPT enhanced, etc). I personally like the fact that each additional license that I purchase for my EFI Live cable brings me closer to having a full workshop license, which I hope to get to sooner than later. That may not be important to some people and should be considered in the purchase decision.
Thanks again, appreciate that info!
Old 07-28-2006, 04:27 AM
Hello Dave

Thanks again, appreciate that info!
No problem. Gotta do something while waiting for the Chicago airport to wake back up and find me a flight out of here.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

No problem. Gotta do something while waiting for the Chicago airport to wake back up and find me a flight out of here.
Oh man, good luck on that, nothing worse than an overnight layover. Head over to videos.streetfire.net.... it's also a solution for insomnia!
Old 07-28-2006, 06:08 AM
Hello Dave

Oh man, good luck on that, nothing worse than an overnight layover. Head over to videos.streetfire.net.... it's also a solution for insomnia!
Especially when it is not a scheduled layover. Thousands of us poor souls had our flights canceled on us yesterday... I'm booked for a flight out of here at 4:30pm today, and #17 on a standby list for 7am flight....