Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

EFI Tuners check my work, 4L80E swap tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EFI Tuners check my work, 4L80E swap tune

I just finished cutting and pasting all the non-transmission files from my dyno tune to this new OS. This was due to me switching to an 80E and there being no truck that ran my OS and had an 80E built into it.

This is a new OS I stole from a 2001, 2500HD Silverado. I pasted every table one at a time except the transmission calibration and diagnostics.

Anybody who wants to look at it and see if there are any major errors please feel free and post up concerns.

I did adjust the shift rpm and speed in the trans tables but I think that was it.
Attached Files
File Type: tun
Working 80E file.tun (478.2 KB, 247 views)
Old 07-12-2007, 10:08 PM

4 of you downlaoded it and dint give any feedback.

Heres what I found on my own since the truck wouldn'teven run and was throwing codes and in reduced egine power (I think)
I did a compare of the file I loaded and the one I just went through again. Looks like some of my DTC's were wrong and expected airflows were wrong. Maybe this is part of the issue:
Name:  Filecompare.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  71.9 KB
Old 07-13-2007, 01:06 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I don't think what you did actually copies the tranny segment, just the values in the tables.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:57 AM

I converted to a new OS that had an 80E already built into it. I didnt change anything in the trans segment except shift at rpm/vss. What I had to copy were ALL the other tables from my engine calbration, fuel, map, etc..into the OS that had the 80E.

The OS is from a 2001 2500 HD LQ4/80E
Old 07-13-2007, 01:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So got it running yet ?
Old 07-13-2007, 02:35 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Originally Posted by 1SlowHoe
I converted to a new OS that had an 80E already built into it. I didnt change anything in the trans segment except shift at rpm/vss. What I had to copy were ALL the other tables from my engine calbration, fuel, map, etc..into the OS that had the 80E.

The OS is from a 2001 2500 HD LQ4/80E
Ah! I understand now. Sorry about the confusion.

Try matching all the DTC settings from your running tune (except for the tranny DTCs) and see if that helps.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:48 PM
Banned

Post up your original .tun nothing to compare to .
I looked and the VE is chopped in one section and the Spark High Octane looks altered some .
Is this a Corn fed Vehicle (Ethanol) , I have a 05 6.0L some things look the same some don't .
I saw some TC and TM that could be adjusted some or removed .
Old 07-13-2007, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by HD6.0l
So got it running yet ?
Nope. I am at a loss. The PCM acts as if it is seeing 0 TPS movment. The truck will not idle unless I push the gas. If I floor it I will see about 2000rpm and the truck will barely move. It feels as if its in reduced power but I dont get that DTC or message center light. If I flash the original tune in, which runs the 65E, everything is fine. The throttle tachs right up and idles great. Of course I didnt try to drive it because of the transmission file differences. Whatever it is, it is in this tune.
The only thing I can think of is the VIN is not the same in the new file and thats an issue. But if it were a security thing it shouldnt run at all right? Or, this OS requires different voltage signals to the TPS. This OS I am using is from a 2001 HD Silverado.
I have attached a couple of logs and the tunes. Ignore the AFR, I didnt have that hooked up except for the last log named 80E3.
Please help
LOGS:
80E1 is a startup log and holding the pedal to keep it alive. Ignore AFR.
80E2 is a startup log and holding the pedal to keep it alive. Ignore AFR. Different PID selection
80E3 is the same but with the AFR reading.
TUNES:
Chris 02 HO is my 65E dyno tune that works well
Working 80E file_Improved is the file that is in the truck and the logs were made from.
Attached Files
File Type: efi
80E1.efi (83.4 KB, 104 views)
80E2.efi (44.8 KB, 96 views)
80E3.efi (26.4 KB, 85 views)
Chris 02 HO 6-21-07 Dyno Tune.tun (475.8 KB, 175 views)
Working 80E file_Improved.tun (478.5 KB, 236 views)
Old 07-13-2007, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
Ah! I understand now. Sorry about the confusion.

Try matching all the DTC settings from your running tune (except for the tranny DTCs) and see if that helps.
I did that and the funny thing is it turned off some of the TPS DTC's. So now I dont get any codes thrown but my TPS reads 0% in my logs even when I floor it and see 2000rpm. I guess I need to re-enable those DTCs and see what it tells me? Either I have a table missing or the wrong values or my TPS wants to see a different voltage signal than this OS allows.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:25 PM
TECH Regular

Sorry you are having so many problems with your 80E swap, but man, everything went pretty smooth in my situation. I had a guy on HPTuners do a segment swap for me, but i had some problems, i ended up doing exactly what you did, get File with a truck that had an 80E and swapped over all of my existing tune for my engine and everything and just left the stock 80E settings, and mine runs great. I know you have EFI Live, but i would try getting another file and copy and paste your files like you did before, maybe the file you got from the truck just wont match up. If you had to change OS's, which i didn't have to, i would imagine you would have to change your vin to match and do a relearn, just my .02, i may be wrong.

Quick Reply: EFI Tuners check my work, 4L80E swap tune