Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

EFILive demo download help

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 10:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFILive demo download help

I've downloaded the latest software two different times from the officail site to try to look at it in demo mode and play around with it a bit to see if I think I can figure it out. Every time I try to install it I keep getting all these missing file warnings during install. I havent deleted anything. I downloaded the program, unzip, click on install, and get these missing files every time.What gives?
Old 05-26-2008, 10:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4.8bowtie
I've downloaded the latest software two different times from the officail site to try to look at it in demo mode and play around with it a bit to see if I think I can figure it out. Every time I try to install it I keep getting all these missing file warnings during install. I havent deleted anything. I downloaded the program, unzip, click on install, and get these missing files every time.What gives?
What version are you downloading? Try downloading an earlier version first. Kyle or Justin or someone will know for sure, but i thought the newest version was like an add-on or something. I think you need an earlier version installed first. Could be wrong but its worth a try.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

can ya give an idea on which errors youre getting, this way someone can determine if its computer drivers you may need or maybe some missing files from the app itself..

are they ocx errors?
Old 05-26-2008, 11:15 AM
On The Tree

It pops up an error that says "error reading from file" and asks to verify that the file exists or that I can access it, with options to abort, retry, or ignore. If I retry it the same file keeps poping up, and if I ignore they just keep coming one after another. The first one to pop up ends with curb_weights.ini, then its just one after the other.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Dont worry about the earlier version, the latest was completely new, not a patch to the older one although they used to do that. Are you on a vista computer.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:34 PM
On The Tree

nope. its xp
Old 05-26-2008, 04:28 PM
TECH Junkie

I downloaded it on saturday on my parents computer. Are you doing it off the main site. I dunno of anything else but im close to computer illeterate.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did you just download the exe or did you download the zip file, i noticed the exe only well downloads the exe now the zip has all the necessary files which has the .ini and bat files in it/.. just downloaded it without problems..
Old 05-26-2008, 07:08 PM
On The Tree

ok, now Im really confused. I copied the file I downloaded to a disk and put it in my girlfriends laptop. The install had no problems and it works fine on hers. I know its a problem with my computer now, but I still dont understand whats going on. Its the same files but my computer says that files are missing when I know they're not. Oh well just have to steal hers now.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:02 PM
On The Tree

Ive got it working now. I had to uninstall it and reinstall it. Seems to be fine.

Quick Reply: EFILive demo download help