Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

EFILive V1 RUNOUT SALE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 11:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by COLDZ71
I would like to know what the differences are between V1 and V2. Is the software upgradable?
The main difference between the two is the diffence in functionality. V2 will have the abilty to tune LS2's and other types of vehicles while the v1 interface doesn't have this. If you don't really see the need to tune any CAN based vehicles, then the v1 will be fine for you, or if you do, you can always upgrade when v2 is released. Also with V2 you will have the ability to do the following functions as well as others as they become available. ALL of EFILive's products are upgradeable.

* Standalone Scan Tool Operation: Most scan tool features are available directly in the FlashScan V2 interface. You can monitor or log data and display or clear trouble codes without needing to be connected to a laptop computer.
* SD Memory Card: Want to log hours (or even days) of data without uploading to a base station? Just insert an SD memory card (exactly the same as those used in most digital cameras) and instantly expand FlashScan V2’s data logging capacity. A single 2Gb SD card can also hold over 2,000 PCM tunes.
* Standalone PCM Reflashing: Tired of dragging your laptop in and out of vehicles when reading or reflashing a PCM? Want to read or reflash the PCM calibrations in multiple vehicles? Just plug FlashScan V2 into any supported vehicle and read the entire PCM contents in around 2 minutes or reflash in around 30 seconds.
* Field Upgradeable Firmware: Your FlashScan V2 interface firmware (the software that controls FlashScan) can be upgraded at any with new vehicle releases and improved functionality via convenient web downloads.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Black02SS
The main difference between the two is the diffence in functionality. V2 will have the abilty to tune LS2's and other types of vehicles while the v1 interface doesn't have this. If you don't really see the need to tune any CAN based vehicles, then the v1 will be fine for you, or if you do, you can always upgrade when v2 is released. Also with V2 you will have the ability to do the following functions as well as others as they become available. ALL of EFILive's products are upgradeable.

* Standalone Scan Tool Operation: Most scan tool features are available directly in the FlashScan V2 interface. You can monitor or log data and display or clear trouble codes without needing to be connected to a laptop computer.
* SD Memory Card: Want to log hours (or even days) of data without uploading to a base station? Just insert an SD memory card (exactly the same as those used in most digital cameras) and instantly expand FlashScan V2’s data logging capacity. A single 2Gb SD card can also hold over 2,000 PCM tunes.
* Standalone PCM Reflashing: Tired of dragging your laptop in and out of vehicles when reading or reflashing a PCM? Want to read or reflash the PCM calibrations in multiple vehicles? Just plug FlashScan V2 into any supported vehicle and read the entire PCM contents in around 2 minutes or reflash in around 30 seconds.
* Field Upgradeable Firmware: Your FlashScan V2 interface firmware (the software that controls FlashScan) can be upgraded at any with new vehicle releases and improved functionality via convenient web downloads.
So since all of your products are upgradable, then what would be the benefit of waiting for V2 to become available. Does it cost anything to upgrade from V1 to V2? Sorry for all the questions, but I dont want to buy V1 and then regret it down the road.

Last edited by COLDZ71; 09-15-2006 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by COLDZ71
So since all of your products are upgradable, then what would be the benefit of waiting for V2 to become available. Does it cost anything to upgrade from V1 to V2? Sorry for all the questions, but I dont want to buy V1 and then regret it down the road.
It will cost $299 to go from V1 to V2 the first month after V2 is released and $399 after that. V1 to V2 is a hardware up grade with many new features. Software upgrades are always free with EFILive.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:28 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by kbracing96
It will cost $299 to go from V1 to V2 the first month after V2 is released and $399 after that. V1 to V2 is a hardware up grade with many new features. Software upgrades are always free with EFILive.
actually, there is an upgrade fee of an extra $150 if im not mistaken over top of that $299 or $399 price if im not mistaken.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok, I went to EFI Lives website and I see you get handheld programer with the V2. I thought it was just a difference in software.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SS_bnoon_SS
Dang... I made the wrong purchase decision entirely... What's the trade in value of HPT that's 3 days old, LOL!
If you are interested, you might try selling your current cable to another forum member.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:39 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by foff667
actually, there is an upgrade fee of an extra $150 if im not mistaken over top of that $299 or $399 price if im not mistaken.

150 for what last time I checked the upgrade procedure is as kbracing specified. Check this page for details

http://www.efilive.com/overview_flash2.aspx
Old 09-16-2006, 02:38 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by HumpinSS
150 for what last time I checked the upgrade procedure is as kbracing specified. Check this page for details

http://www.efilive.com/overview_flash2.aspx
Then don't believe me Larry, im just telling you what I know.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

http://dieselplace.com/forum/showpos...5&postcount=13
Old 09-16-2006, 02:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

foff667 is right, from what I've read, I forgot there is an additional fee of $150 IF you buy V1 at the new discounted price, or take advantage of the free extra licences if you bought in the last month. Sorry for the miss information

Quick Reply: EFILive V1 RUNOUT SALE!!!!