Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Enable PE mode?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 11:14 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enable PE mode?

What exactly has to be met for PE mode to enable?? I have recently upgraded to 42# injectors and ever since I have adjusted the IFR table my truck does not go into PE, verified with a tech2 and wideband that shows 14.7~ when it should be around 12.8.
I am still struggling with getting the IFR table down so could this alone cause the truck to never go into PE mode??
Old 08-14-2007, 06:32 PM
TECH Junkie

There are a few parameters that need to be met that I know of.

MAP
torque %
TPS vs. RPM (hot and cold)

There is also an RPM delay and if your Enrichment rate is set real low it may take longer than you want to reach enrichment.

I am kind of screwing with this stuff right now myself only I found I have the opposite problem. I had my stupid tune so I was running in PE way too much. No wonder my gas mileage is right now.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Why did you install 42lb injectors? It seems like an over-kill. LS2 injectors are only 28lbs. HP Tuner software allows you to adjust for the injector size.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:20 PM
TECH Junkie

It's not really overkill with that cam. He could have gotten away with some regular 8.1L injectors (~36#), but other than cost there is no reason not to go ahead with the 42's.

I know I am seeing IDC's in the 85% range on my stock injectors with the mods listed so I know I'm gonna need bigger injectors when the cam goes in.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:31 PM
13 Second Truck Club

I upgraded to 42#s because I was seeing around 115% IDC on the stock injectors, and figured the headroom wasnt a bad idea with what I have planned for the truck.
I seem to have helped the issue some today with recalculating the IFR table with an actual fuel pressure reading, and I think Tunercat has possibly labeled the PE torque % enable table something differently than the other tuning software has. PE now actually comes on but at a higher than commanded RPM/load and stays on longer than it should....again verified with a tech2/wideband.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Man I'd really like to pull the tune off of your truck sometime and see what it looks like in Hp Tuners. I'd also like to get some 42# injectors, but being the cheap *** I am I might just get the 8.1L truck injectors. Who knows by the time it cools down enough for me to start thinking about the cam swap I might find a good deal on some 42's.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:06 PM
13 Second Truck Club

haha feel free to come by south pointe anytime I'm there, youve got the number.....Id also like to look at my tune in Hptuners to see whats so different about it....I'm even thinking about upgrading to HP anyways since they have NNBS support now, but I'm helpin with a cam install this weekend in Ada so I wont be around at all.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:20 PM
TECH Junkie

I'll get around to it sometime.. I don't seem to get in much of a hurry these days..
Maybe if you got time to go pistol shootin sometime in a couple of weeks or so. I'm really thinking I want to test out that XD compact my friend has and try and get him to make me a deal on buying it.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by truckmann
I am kind of screwing with this stuff right now myself only I found I have the opposite problem. I had my stupid tune so I was running in PE way too much. No wonder my gas mileage is right now.
you might try raising your MAP PE Threshold setting higher.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:23 PM
13 Second Truck Club

pistol shooting? you plan on bringin some cooler weather with ya? haha I work in a convection oven all day long but yeah ......Im up for puttin some holes in stuff in a few weeks if I can get this truck runnin strong like it should

Quick Reply: Enable PE mode?