Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Finished the swap, now new Code Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 01:52 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finished the swap, now new Code Issues

[Unknown] B2615 - Unknown (History) (Current) (Immature)
[Unknown] U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (History) (Immature)
[Unknown] U1016 - Loss of Class 2 Communication with VCM (History) (Immature)
[Unknown] U1161 - Loss of PDM Serial Data (History) (Immature)
[HVAC] B0418 - Unknown (History) (Immature)

This is what i have to deal with right now. Got the 80 swap done, everything is actually running very well except for the these codes. So here's the whole story in a nut shell. Finished all wrench work, got ready to write my new file and for some reason i couldn't write it, comm error between OS in my vcm and in my pcm. Anyway, that doesn't matter. I then took my stock pcm sitting in my room and threw my tune on it with my benchtop, swapped in the stocker pcm and the truck fired and got everything up to temp and oiled up. I then do the first real test drive on the freeway, 5 mins later i have a transmission temp sign in my gauge cluster, look over at my tranny temp gauge, 150 degrees, check engine light came on. Get back home and the codes at the top are the ones that are still on there. Tonight, tried to do a crank relear, for some reason my HPT can't do it, borrow a friends tech II that works at a dealer, do the relearn no problem, all codes go away except now a new one, can't remember the number, but it was a passenger dimmer circuit 2, whatever the hell that is. So i think all is good, all my comm errors are fixed, only one. Drive on the freeway, transmission hot sign comes back on, go to a buddy's house and let it sit for a couple hours. Drive back home service engine light comes back on, and i'm assuming all the trouble codes at the top are back on, but no transmission hot this time. Is this in the segment swap for the 80? is this a converter thing, cuase it seems like the transsmission hot sign only comes on in 4th, or is this just my imagination. comm errors, what are those and how do i fix them? I already did a crank relearn, and that didn't even work. Should i switch back to my previous pcm or will that not make a difference? I need help asap on this, tomorrow i am going to the chev dealer to talk to a tech to get his opinion. i'll post this on HPT also.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:14 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To me, it sounds like you are using the wrong bin file or wrong PCM.
Most of those codes have little to do with engine/trans operation.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:29 AM
TECH Regular

well my pcm is my stock pcm, which should be fine. I had ECTUne oh HPT do my segment swap. Do you think it has to do w/ the segment swap for the 80?
Old 03-29-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Regular

okay so i'm driving again today, logged some trans temps and they seem a little high in the city, but hwy it's not bad. But nothing over 180 on the freeway, and the transmission sign still comes on. When i get off the freeway it seems like it's in a protection mode or something, shift point are like super extended, and it shifts super hard. What is going on? The tranny is not getting hot, but the computer says it is. What is next.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
trans temp city.hpl (50.5 KB, 60 views)
File Type: hpl
trans temp hwy.hpl (102.4 KB, 58 views)
Old 03-29-2007, 10:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gmforlife
well my pcm is my stock pcm, which should be fine. I had ECTUne oh HPT do my segment swap. Do you think it has to do w/ the segment swap for the 80?
I'll put it like this. A segment swap can be done, But when using HPT its not easy. I have done it but you have to hack the binary and open a can of worms.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:44 PM

Send me your bin if you don't mind,
calliedusty@sbcglobal.net
or if you posted it on HPTuners, I'll go get it now.
It maybe a bad bin file thought, ECTune, is one of the smartest guys out there...
Try down loading a 6.0 4l80e combo from the repository. then copy past all of your engine tabbles into the 6.0 bin file.
BTW there is nothing wrong with 190 trans temps... Hell after I installed my last converter, the trans ran around 220 for about 30 miles or so...
Old 03-29-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
Send me your bin if you don't mind,
calliedusty@sbcglobal.net
or if you posted it on HPTuners, I'll go get it now.
It maybe a bad bin file thought, ECTune, is one of the smartest guys out there...
Try down loading a 6.0 4l80e combo from the repository. then copy past all of your engine tabbles into the 6.0 bin file.
BTW there is nothing wrong with 190 trans temps... Hell after I installed my last converter, the trans ran around 220 for about 30 miles or so...
e-mail sent, but my file is also on HPT forum.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by gmforlife
e-mail sent, but my file is also on HPT forum.
I only see the scans....
Old 03-29-2007, 10:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
I only see the scans....
e-mail sent
Old 03-29-2007, 11:04 PM

e-mail returned

Quick Reply: Finished the swap, now new Code Issues