Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

five-0-motorsports injectors

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 04:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default five-0-motorsports injectors

Any body have injectior slope data on their 60lb injectors for the trucks? or know where i can find it? Thanks
Old 06-20-2011, 05:48 PM
FormerVendor

Five o Motorsports didnt give you the static flow rate on the injectors you purchased from them?????
Old 06-21-2011, 11:44 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by KLUG'S SS
Five o Motorsports didnt give you the static flow rate on the injectors you purchased from them?????
Yea they did, but my tuner was asking for the slope data...?
Or can you tune them just fine with the flow rates?
Old 06-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Launching!

I have 70's from them in my truck and my tuner just used the flow rates. I am having some idle issues and wonder if if thats part of the problem.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:14 PM
FormerVendor

Yes of course any time you change injectors and just adjust the IFR table only in the tune their is always going to be some kind of problems and or alot of the fueling error will be taken up in other areas of the tune like having the error being absorbed into the VE and or MAF tables which is not good!

I highly highly doubt that the necessary correct data outside of the actual flow rate for these injectors is available. Which would be the voltage offsets, min. pulsewidth, short pulse adder, etc..... Every injector has different opening/offset times and injectors in the low pulsewidth regions are not linear which is where the correct data makes all of the difference in the world, otherwise idle issues with fueling and whatnot will be a problem.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:39 PM
Staging Lane

Yes of course any time you change injectors and just adjust the IFR table only in the tune their is always going to be some kind of problems and or alot of the fueling error will be taken up in other areas of the tune like having the error being absorbed into the VE and or MAF tables which is not good!

I highly highly doubt that the necessary correct data outside of the actual flow rate for these injectors is available. Which would be the voltage offsets, min. pulsewidth, short pulse adder, etc..... Every injector has different opening/offset times and injectors in the low pulsewidth regions are not linear which is where the correct data makes all of the difference in the world, otherwise idle issues with fueling and whatnot will be a problem.
so your saying for all those values, voltage offsets, min. pulsewidth, short pulse adder, etc we ar just going to have to put in values that maybe close and go form their?
Old 06-21-2011, 05:03 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by cfaluck13
so your saying for all those values, voltage offsets, min. pulsewidth, short pulse adder, etc we ar just going to have to put in values that maybe close and go form their?

Basically. Their is pretty much just two ways to always go about it, first way is for people to choose an injector that has the full correct amount of data on them (method I prefer!) or two make sure the VE and MAF tables were tuned correctly using the stock injectors with the stock factory data or an injector with all of the data and then install the different injectors with at the very least the right flow rate input into the tune and then you pretty much need to solve backwards for the errors in the fueling by making changes to the other injector data like the offsets, etc..... If the fuel trims and AFR error was tuned to within 1%-3% and then an injector change is made and now the error is say 10%-15% this does not call for a change to the airflow tables to fix it! This just creates another problem by trying to cover up the original issue.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:40 PM
Staging Lane

Basically. Their is pretty much just two ways to always go about it, first way is for people to choose an injector that has the full correct amount of data on them (method I prefer!) or two make sure the VE and MAF tables were tuned correctly using the stock injectors with the stock factory data or an injector with all of the data and then install the different injectors with at the very least the right flow rate input into the tune and then you pretty much need to solve backwards for the errors in the fueling by making changes to the other injector data like the offsets, etc..... If the fuel trims and AFR error was tuned to within 1%-3% and then an injector change is made and now the error is say 10%-15% this does not call for a change to the airflow tables to fix it! This just creates another problem by trying to cover up the original issue.
A turbo is going on the truck as well but your saying before I even touch the VE of MAF tables to get the injectors straightened out?
Old 06-21-2011, 10:11 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by cfaluck13
A turbo is going on the truck as well but your saying before I even touch the VE of MAF tables to get the injectors straightened out?
Yes! If the VE and or MAF were dialed in pretty good based on and I am assuming you had just some stock injectors that came in the truck then the airflow tables like the VE and MAF don't need to be taking up the fueling error created by the injector data being off, follow me?
Old 06-21-2011, 10:43 PM
Staging Lane

Yes! If the VE and or MAF were dialed in pretty good based on and I am assuming you had just some stock injectors that came in the truck then the airflow tables like the VE and MAF don't need to be taking up the fueling error created by the injector data being off, follow me?
Sure do, just making sure we are on the same page, I appreciate your input! ill post some logs as soon as i get her running

Quick Reply: five-0-motorsports injectors