Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

fuel pressure gauge problem.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 03:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy fuel pressure gauge problem.

didnt really know where to post this. i have prosport gauges. my boost gauge works great and my FP did for about 2 months. my stock fuel pump has gotten so weak friday im putting in the walbro 255. ok heres the real problem. when you turn the key on (if press is at zero) first time it goes up to ab 15 or 20, second time it goes to about 25 or 30, and the third time its at full pressure about 50lb. ok so it works on the bottom end and at idle it shows ab 45-50 lb and going down road 58lb sounds good till you touch the gas just a lil bit of gas not even in boost the gauge pegs out ! 100 or so. and i know my stock pump doesn't even put out the fuel to run it of 3k right now

does anybody know what it might be ? im thinking i have a bad sender or something. if it doesn't change after the new pump im going to call prosport and see what they say.

any help would be great thanks
Old 11-27-2011, 04:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where is your regulator? Where are you getting your PSI reading from? Are you referencing your boost? If so, are you 1:1 or more? I could see it being a bad regulator. I am one of the people that thinks a regulator should be mounted after the rails for more accuracy. If you are losing pressure after you turn the key off, it is leaking either at the pump, regulator, or in the line. The reason I ask about the positioning of the regulator and the gauge is because if you had a regulator on or near the rail, and a gauge piped in closer to the tank, all of the restriction in the line would be added to the pressure. Also do you have a boost a pump or magnavolt or anything like that installed?
Old 11-28-2011, 07:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gadgetized
Where is your regulator? Where are you getting your PSI reading from? Are you referencing your boost? If so, are you 1:1 or more? I could see it being a bad regulator. I am one of the people that thinks a regulator should be mounted after the rails for more accuracy. If you are losing pressure after you turn the key off, it is leaking either at the pump, regulator, or in the line. The reason I ask about the positioning of the regulator and the gauge is because if you had a regulator on or near the rail, and a gauge piped in closer to the tank, all of the restriction in the line would be added to the pressure. Also do you have a boost a pump or magnavolt or anything like that installed?
the gauge is on the crossover between the two fuel rails before the regulator. its not bleeding off. no boost a pump. im just doing a intank walbro. i find it odd that it looks to be working fine up till ab 55lb then it just spikes all out when i touch the gas...