Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Got my Wait4me tune in and supercharger on

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 06:16 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boatman22: good luck with the truck and you'll need the extra torque with that beast behind it.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:26 AM
Staging Lane

I just got back from playing a little in the truck. I raced my friends 05 Duramax HD the other day when i was still n/a and got beat really bad with him on the #2 setting on his Edge. He's got a 4" exhaust and the Edge which isn't too much but it was a bad beating. With him defueling on #2 setting it was dead even but with that off it killed me.
Anyway.....on to today: i wanted to run exactly the same as the other day so i could get a little baseline. Him on #2 with defueling i beat him as bad as he beat me the other day. On #2 kill i still beat him but wasn't as bad. He then put it on #5 kill and got me by about 3 cars. My truck has no intercooler as of now and the CEL light is on which means "crank relearn" i guess.

A couple questions i have.....will my truck pick up more after the relearn? Does it still take a certain amount of miles to fully take affect? My friends truck has ran a best of 14.8 on his Gtech on #5 kill. I would think that my trucks faster than that. Am i expecting too much?
Old 08-22-2005, 07:42 AM
Teching In

The CEL light did not come on with mine, the engine light came on.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by White05Denali
I just got back from playing a little in the truck. I raced my friends 05 Duramax HD the other day when i was still n/a and got beat really bad with him on the #2 setting on his Edge. He's got a 4" exhaust and the Edge which isn't too much but it was a bad beating. With him defueling on #2 setting it was dead even but with that off it killed me.
Anyway.....on to today: i wanted to run exactly the same as the other day so i could get a little baseline. Him on #2 with defueling i beat him as bad as he beat me the other day. On #2 kill i still beat him but wasn't as bad. He then put it on #5 kill and got me by about 3 cars. My truck has no intercooler as of now and the CEL light is on which means "crank relearn" i guess.

A couple questions i have.....will my truck pick up more after the relearn? Does it still take a certain amount of miles to fully take affect? My friends truck has ran a best of 14.8 on his Gtech on #5 kill. I would think that my trucks faster than that. Am i expecting too much?

The relearn process probably won't make it run any faster, but you'll gain engine safety by having you misfire detection in operating order. With your weight (truck), and driveline drag from AWD, I wouldn't expect too much more. MAYBE a 14.60, or so without an intercooler.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:38 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

White05Denali how much boost you running? BTW your truck is one of the nicest looking trucks here.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:44 AM
Teching In

Has everybody that's gotten the wait4me tune had to perform a crank sensor relearn on their truck? This is a considerable inconvenience when you dont have a scanning tool.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Every tune he does, he sets it up for the relearn process, unless you send him your very pcm, and he does the tune and sends it back. His theory is that you must have the misfire detection to make sure you don't damage your engine. You can get it done at any GM dealership, just don't let them talk you into a nig service write up, and all that bs. If the vehicle is up to normal operating temps, and has no other codes, it should only take 5 minuites. They plug the scanner in, follow the instructions, rev it up to red line, and it's done.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
White05Denali how much boost you running? BTW your truck is one of the nicest looking trucks here.
Thank you! I need to take some new pics because i lowered the front about an 1 1/2" from the pic in my sig and i added a Joe Gibbs spoiler on the rear.

I'm going to hook up my boost guage today and see what it's running. The kit was designed to run 6-8 psi so we'll see where i'm at. From the way it feels i would say i'm in that range.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:22 PM
Staging Lane

I also just got back from getting my engine light turned off and the guy said it wasn't showing a "relearn" code in the CKS or something like that. It was showing something else. I was tired so i really didn't pay all that much attention.

Today is pretty hot here and man i'm getting some serious pinging. I'm going to change out my plugs for some TR6's today and see how it likes that. It might be some cheap gas also since i put some in at a elcheapomart since i was almost out. I need to get my piping in so i can throw the intercooler on. We were checking things out as we drove around a little and the IAT's started out at 152 and dropped down to 118 even while getting on it a little bit. The problem was that it was showing KR's all over the place. At part throttle it was in the 8-9 range. It would go up and down a little but 9 was the highest. Is that bad or is it somewhat normal? I guess i'll have to wait until after the intercooler to really test it out.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

What are you using for logging? That's quite a bit of knock! You might want to let him tone down the timing. Do you have a way to send info to Jesse, so he can tailor the tune?

Quick Reply: Got my Wait4me tune in and supercharger on