Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Got my Wait4me tune in and supercharger on

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 07:01 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wkdivr
What are you using for logging? That's quite a bit of knock! You might want to let him tone down the timing. Do you have a way to send info to Jesse, so he can tailor the tune?
The guy has EFI Live i think....is that the right name? I just remember seeing EFI at the top of the laptop screen.

So that's alot of knock huh? That's not what i wanted to hear and i mean that literally. It pings really really bad on tip in but goes away as the throttle is applied. Full throttle doesn't have the audible ping but it could be seeing it in the computer. I hope my intercooler fixes this because it's not fun having an 05 Denali that can't be driven at all in the heat, let alone with a/c on I don't have the option of sending the computer back right now because i need my truck. Worst case is i'll have to pay the guy locally $300+ to fix the tune.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Try putting 5 gallone of 100 octane unleaded racing gas in it, and see if that clears it up. I was out in LA last week, and was experiencing lots of pinging. Went thru the tune, looked under the hod for anything that could be rattling, causing the noise, found nothing. Put 5 gal of 100 Unocal, ran fine.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just checked on Rockett Brand Race Fuel's site, and there's TONS of places you can get it in the Vegas area.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by wkdivr
Just checked on Rockett Brand Race Fuel's site, and there's TONS of places you can get it in the Vegas area.
I was going to try that today (adding 100) but haven't gotten out yet. They are actually taking it away from almost every station that's near me. That's all i run in my Mustang and it's a PITA to drive all around searching for it.

I didn't know there was a website that tells you where it is. I'm gonna go check that out right now.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's a lot of KR. i was seeing that much at times myself. i'm pretty sure mine was caused by the fuel pump not being able to supply the correct amount of fuel. I added an inline fuel pump, which will be different on yours, and it helped. I then played around with my IFR to get my Ltrims close, that helped more. I also reduced my timing in some areas. Now I only see a few degrees, usually during shifts or if it's real hot out and I am beating the crap out of it.