Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

got a problem??

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 08:46 AM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Check the connections/wiring between the TAC module and the TB, and the TAC and the PCM. Also could be the TB, TAC or PCM.

Here's an excerpt from the service manual for U0107 that provides a little more info:

Diagnostic Aids

Important

Reprogramming the PCM may cause a communication error between the PCM and the TAC. If the PCM detects a communication error, DTC U0107 sets. Clear any DTCs from the memory that may have been set by Reprogramming.

• DTC U0107 sets if the battery voltage is low. If the customer's concern is slow cranking or no crank because battery voltage is low, ignore DTC U0107. Clear any DTCs from memory that may have set from the low battery voltage condition.
  • DTC U0107 sets when there is a short to B+ on the TAC module ground circuit. Inspect the fuses for the circuits that are in the TAC module harness--i.e. cruise, brake. An inspection of the fuses may lead you to the circuit that is shorted to the TAC module ground circuit.
  • DTC U0107 sets if the TAC module ignition feed circuit is shorted to a B+ supply circuit. The TAC module stays powered-up when the ignition switch is turned OFF. When the ignition switch is turned ON, the TAC module is powered-up before the PCM. DTC U0107 sets because no communication is detected by the TAC module from the PCM. Inspect related circuits for being shorted to a B+ supply circuit.
  • Inspect the TAC module power and ground circuits and the TAC module/PCM serial data circuits for intermittent connections.
  • Inspect the TAC module connectors for signs of water intrusion. If water intrusion occurs, multiple DTCs may set without any circuit or component conditions found during diagnostic testing.
  • When the TAC module detects a problem within the TAC system, more than one TAC system related DTC may set. This is due to the many redundant tests run continuously on this system. Locating and repairing an individual condition may correct more than one DTC. Remember this if you review the stored information in Capture Info.
  • For an intermittent condition, refer to Intermittent Conditions
Old 05-24-2006, 11:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GOod things to check, sounds like they suggest it could be a loose connection somewhere. This would be a viable problem since all the wires on the TB were disturbed.

I'm still thinking that this happens to predictable to be something like that though. I think it's in the tuning. I think what's going on, is there's a safe guard in the PCM that HPTuners can't see that declares what a 'safe' limit is for the air intake. I think taht this safe limit is being exceeded.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:35 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

I too was thinking he might be somehow overshooting the expected airflow tables (having a TB performance vs MAP/MAF issue) due to the pattern here. This has put me into REP mode. But there was no mention of any of the associated DTCs. Was U0107 the only code set?
Old 05-26-2006, 08:07 AM
TECH Resident

yes i believe so. i dont think i saw any other ones set. it would always just throw this code. its really weird. it actually did it to me again the other night, and this was with the cutouts closed and the headlight in. so i dont know what exactly is causing it. but its really annoying because now i cant even mess around and race anyone cuz it will probably do it everytime.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:25 AM
DrX
TECH Addict

Did you install a new tune just before this started happening?

Did you try unplugging the PCM and reconnecting it?
Old 05-26-2006, 12:02 PM
TECH Resident

no flyer has had his laptop hooked up to it and has tried fixing it doing updates and such and that hasnt helped. i am going to tear it down and put a new o ring in the oil pump today so i will unplug it and see if that helps.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by DrX
I too was thinking he might be somehow overshooting the expected airflow tables (having a TB performance vs MAP/MAF issue) due to the pattern here. This has put me into REP mode. But there was no mention of any of the associated DTCs. Was U0107 the only code set?
That's what I was thinking, the lack of any other codes has me stumped as well. I dunno what to think.