Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Handheld for changing tunes on the fly?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 01:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Handheld for changing tunes on the fly?

Im used to mustang tuning, like carrying the SCT X-cal/LiveWire/Predator with 3 tunes to choose from, and can switch to any one in about 1 minute.

Is there something we can use, like a handheld tuner that can carry multiple tunes saved on it, and switch from an N/A tune to a Nitrous tune, maybe between runs?

What tuners/tuning software can be used? I really dont want to have to get a laptop for HPtuners...

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:04 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe hptuners is on the works for that.Heard it was displayed at the SEMA show.I think it will be able to store up to 3 seperate custom tunes?Thats what I heard so not positive about that.The day they release that though,I will be buying ALOT of them for customers.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Wheatley
I believe hptuners is on the works for that.Heard it was displayed at the SEMA show.I think it will be able to store up to 3 seperate custom tunes?Thats what I heard so not positive about that.The day they release that though,I will be buying ALOT of them for customers.
Ill test it out for ya...just send one at no charge for a free evaluation...LOL.

Neat. Hopefully it will be soon enough.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:42 AM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

EFILive has been working on that as well...I haven't followed it for awhile but that's one of the capabilities they were shooting for on the V2.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

People on LS1tech said you can use an Xcal, or a Predator...

But who can tune for those? I know all the mustang tuners, does the file just have to be in .ll3 (SCT) format, or the predator format (i cant remember it)?
Old 04-02-2009, 05:45 PM
traveling mod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the diablo is the best one i can think of to use like that.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thunder550
EFILive has been working on that as well...I haven't followed it for awhile but that's one of the capabilities they were shooting for on the V2.
That is true. If you check on their forum board you will see that they are still concentrating on getting the bugs worked out of the stand-alone "BlackBox" logging and data viewing. After they get that out of Beta, they will begin working on stand alone tuning.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by thunder550
Yep, last I heard for my secret inside sources, is they just started Beta testing black box reading and writing last week
Old 04-05-2009, 01:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kbracing96
Yep, last I heard for my secret inside sources, is they just started Beta testing black box reading and writing last week
OOOHHHHH, I like the sound of that. I've been checking the forum their for the last few months and it seems that only you and 1 or 2 other people have even asked about it. Let's hope they get it going sooner rather than later. Any word when BB logging will be Officially out of beta?
Old 04-05-2009, 02:07 AM
Banned

diddnt that ****** wait4 me tune did that ???? does any 1 even have 1 of those?

Quick Reply: Handheld for changing tunes on the fly?