Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

help truck cuts off

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 10:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help truck cuts off

I need help please. My 09 Silverado just cuts off ether at idle, giving it gas, or just cruising. I am getting the following error codes from the CEL,

[ECM] P069E - Fuel System Control Module Requested MIL Illumination (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
[ECM] P069E - Fuel System Control Module Requested MIL Illumination
[Unknown] P0191 - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Performance
[Unknown] P2635 - Fuel Pump 1 Flow Insufficient

I have replaced the following stuff, Fuel pump with a Walbro 255LPH Fuel Pump. New fuel tank pressure sensor, and finally a new to me Fuel System Control Module with the same part number. I have cleared the ECM from all codes 3 times, and have even rewrote the tune back to the ECM.

The truck wont make it down the drive way with out dieing. Yes it has gas in the tank too.

What I think that happened is, I found the main hot wire from the battery to the starter laying on the header, it was shorting out the truck. Gages went crazy, the truck would shut off, then turn itself back on with out me turning the key to restart the engine. Thats when I noticed the truck starting to hesitate going down the road, then it just got to the point to where I'm at now.

Can SOMEONE HELP? Thank you in advance.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

have the same code on my uncles 09 tahoe when he drove into a deep water strem

but no headers

any one knows what should we do about it??
Old 11-29-2011, 11:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you checked the fuel line pressure sensor?
Old 11-29-2011, 11:27 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

P0191
Circuit/System Description

The fuel pressure sensor is located on the fuel line. The fuel pressure sensor monitors the fuel pressure in the fuel line. The fuel pump flow control module (FPCM) monitors the voltage signal from the fuel pressure sensor.

Note: A mechanical failure that prevents the fuel system from delivering fuel at the proper volume and pressure may need to be corrected before using the diagnostic procedure. Refer to Fuel System Diagnosis for further information.

Note: Verify that the fuel tank is not empty. Only perform this diagnostic if there is at least 2 gallons of fuel in the fuel tank. Clear the DTC, and start and run the engine. Verify that the DTC P0191 resets before proceeding with the circuit system testing. If the DTC does not reset, refer to diagnostic aids.

1. Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at the fuel line pressure sensor.

2. Ignition OFF, test for less than 1 Ω between the low reference circuit terminal 2 and ground.

⇒ If greater than the specified range, test the low reference circuit for an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the fuel pump flow control module.

3. Ignition ON, test for 4.8–5.2 V between the fuel line pressure sensor 5 V reference circuit terminal 3 and ground.

⇒ If less than the specified range, test the 5 V reference circuit for a short to ground or an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the fuel pump flow control module.

⇒ If greater than the specified range, test the 5 V reference circuit for a short to voltage. If the circuit tests normal, replace the fuel pump flow control module.

4. Verify the scan tool Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor parameter is less than 1 V.

⇒ If greater than the specified range, test the signal circuit terminal 1 for a short to voltage. If the circuit tests normal, replace the fuel pump flow control module.

5. Install a 3 A fused jumper wire between the signal circuit terminal 1 and the 5 V reference circuit terminal 3. Verify the scan tool Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor parameter is greater than 4.8 V.

⇒ If less than the specified range, test the signal circuit for a short to ground or an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the fuel pump flow control module.

6. If all circuits test normal, replace the fuel pressure sensor.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Bump!