Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Help Tunning

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 01:29 PM
LS1Tech Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Tunning

I just bought my HPTuners and just getting the hang of it. A friend has a stock 2003 Silverado RCSB and wants to see if I can tune it to give it a little more HP. I told him I dont really know that much yet other than the easy stuff like the rev limiter and speed limiter lol.
Trying to see if anyone could help me out with what I should do to give him a little more HP than stock. Thanks!

-Jesse
Old 10-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

If you want to voyage over to my side of town (west side of Fort Worth) I could get you started.... I use EFI Live but I also have HP Tuners, but I am not as good with it...

BTW should have bought EFI Live.....
Old 10-13-2008, 03:00 PM
LS1Tech Whore

Whats the difference? And thanks, I'll let u know!
Old 10-13-2008, 03:11 PM
Resident Retard

Originally Posted by Dirty 30
Whats the difference? And thanks, I'll let u know!
It is just a preferance thing... Personaly I like the scanner in EFI Live better than HP Tuners.... The charts, maps, filters, etc IMO are easier to work with and read...
Old 10-13-2008, 03:11 PM
TECH Regular

set the PE enable to come in earlier... set the PE TPS to come in at 88% throttle... set the PE AFR to 12.5-12.7... u should feel a nice increase
Old 10-13-2008, 05:09 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by norris_83
set the PE enable to come in earlier... set the PE TPS to come in at 88% throttle... set the PE AFR to 12.5-12.7... u should feel a nice increase
I like to make the p.e come in faster too.
You can add timming, tune the v.e adjust the maf, remove/lowwer tm. change shift poinds, adjust for tire size, turn up the dwell....
Old 10-13-2008, 05:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
It is just a preferance thing... Personaly I like the scanner in EFI Live better than HP Tuners.... The charts, maps, filters, etc IMO are easier to work with and read...
I feel the same about our software, plus the added benefits of real time tuning for nearly nothing our software offers alot of value over anything else currently on the market.

Our software is intended to be the most user friendly on the market since we offer tuning for so many vehicles including Ford & shortly Dodge so we try to lay out everything so when going from one vehicle to the next everything works as seemlessly as possible. This is why when you take a config meant for a 05' Corvette & use it on a 98 Vortec powered 8.1ltr Truck most if not all the histograms, gauges, graphs will work exactly the same

Once you start using HP Tuners more you'll realize the power of our scanner & editor

Old 10-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Resident Retard

Originally Posted by foff667
I feel the same about our software, plus the added benefits of real time tuning for nearly nothing our software offers alot of value over anything else currently on the market.

Our software is intended to be the most user friendly on the market since we offer tuning for so many vehicles including Ford & shortly Dodge so we try to lay out everything so when going from one vehicle to the next everything works as seemlessly as possible. This is why when you take a config meant for a 05' Corvette & use it on a 98 Vortec powered 8.1ltr Truck most if not all the histograms, gauges, graphs will work exactly the same

Once you start using HP Tuners more you'll realize the power of our scanner & editor

I was not bashing it that is why I said it was a preference thing... I also said I am not 100% familiar with with it...
Old 10-14-2008, 12:25 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by foff667

A little off topic, but I have to agree. HP Tuners looks and is WAY easier to operate.... I still wish we had more COS...
Old 10-14-2008, 01:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't end up tuning his. Justin from Blackbear will be in the DFW area December 12-14th or somewhere around that time frame tuning trucks.

Quick Reply: Help Tunning