Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

hesitation/misfiring after first drive everyday

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default hesitation/misfiring after first drive everyday

every time i start my truck and drive it for the first 15-30 seconds it hesitates and missfires like the truck isnt getting any fuel or something and once it like clears up its normal. seems to be worse in the warmer weather and only does it sometimes when the truck is already driven. the motor revs normal when i first start it, it is only in gear that it starts to do this. is my fuel pump/ fuel system screwed up or is there a sensor somewhere that is causing this?
Old 08-17-2006, 04:37 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a tunning issue with heat soak, what all has been done to the truck??
Old 08-18-2006, 07:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
Sounds like a tunning issue with heat soak, what all has been done to the truck??
in sig, its stock pretty much, been doing this before i got exhaust/intake. i do get a LOT of fuel pump noise after the car has warmed up and more if it sits there running.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in sig, its stock pretty much, been doing this before i got exhaust/intake. i do get a LOT of fuel pump noise after the car has warmed up and more if it sits there running.
I was getting alot of fuel pump noise and since I changed my fuel filter it has gotten much quieter. Just make sure you have the right wrench on the flare nuts or they will strip.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Toaders
I was getting alot of fuel pump noise and since I changed my fuel filter it has gotten much quieter. Just make sure you have the right wrench on the flare nuts or they will strip.
yeah i had planned on changing it, guess i will do that ASAP. thanks. think this will solve my hesitation problem?
Old 08-18-2006, 08:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe? I mean for ten bucks it worth a shot right.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Toaders
Maybe? I mean for ten bucks it worth a shot right.
yeah its gonna be done anyway. guess i wont know til i try. thanks.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:19 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am willing to bet you that the intake manifold gaskets are shot.....We have replaced SEVERAL of them here at the shot with the SAME complaint that you have.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
I am willing to bet you that the intake manifold gaskets are shot.....We have replaced SEVERAL of them here at the shot with the SAME complaint that you have.
so if they are shot, what other problems would i see? where do i get replacement gaskets? how much does it usually cost to get done (if i dont feel like doing myself)?
Old 08-18-2006, 11:39 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hourang
so if they are shot, what other problems would i see? where do i get replacement gaskets? how much does it usually cost to get done (if i dont feel like doing myself)?

you can get them from the dealer, or even autozone might have the felpro gaskets now. 225.00 is what we would charge here.

Start the truck when the engine is stone cold and spray some carb cleaner around the base of the manifold....if the idle changes thats your culprit.

Quick Reply: hesitation/misfiring after first drive everyday