Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

houston tunes

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 12:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post houston tunes

Hey houston guys where do you get your trucks tuned? Im trying to find a good place (preferably eastside) to get my 98 L31 tuned at.
thanks
Old 12-27-2005, 04:05 AM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Give Chuck a call at HPE (Horsepower Engineering). He is very experienced and I am pretty sure he is set up for all year model trucks as well. He'll do you right. Good luck!

HPE#-281-448-1300
Old 12-27-2005, 06:24 AM
TECH Addict

not many local truck tuners that i know of tune pre-99 nbs trucks. i know HPE, MTI, G-force and maybe some others tune 99-up nbs trucks but not sure about older trucks. you might want to give them a call.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

are they any good?
Old 12-27-2006, 09:45 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TXCAMSS
Give Chuck a call at HPE (Horsepower Engineering). He is very experienced and I am pretty sure he is set up for all year model trucks as well. He'll do you right. Good luck!

HPE#-281-448-1300
Don't use Chuck @ HPE he has my shift points all wrong, had my governor for second gear set to low and the truck wouldn't go over 90 MPH at WOT. Had to take it back to him 3 times, he said it was my transmission bc the computer according to him was telling my trany what to do but it couldn't bc " i was making to much pwr with a camed 4.8" LOL....
I asked him if he could put in on the dyno so he could see for himself what it was doing and thats when he figured out his mistake and still charged me $50 for the pull. I didn't complain just paid it.
I made one mod paid him $50 for the retune and now my truck shifts from 1st to 4th before i can get 100' down the road, also the TC won't unlock at wot.

I have emailed him several times and called him, but he won't answer any of them.

When he was doing my retune for my one an only mod I could tell he was mad i could see it on his face. I asked him what was wrong are you mad and he said " i am tired of having to retun your truck and have you ever paid for a full tune"
I said no i didn't ask for a full tune all i want is for the one i paid for to work.
"He said well you have a full tune" I just walked away, back into his waiting room. I couldn't belive he was mad at me, i didn't do anything wrong i am just a paying customer. I never gave him a hard time for me having to drive 100 miles round trip for him to try to correct this problem.
Also i spent over $2000 with him buying heads, cam, pushrods, timing chain, Tune, head gaskets, shims and springs.
And this is the way i get treated.

Thanks chuck your a good business man.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by introligator
Don't use Chuck @ HPE he has my shift points all wrong, had my governor for second gear set to low and the truck wouldn't go over 90 MPH at WOT. Had to take it back to him 3 times, he said it was my transmission bc the computer according to him was telling my trany what to do but it couldn't bc " i was making to much pwr with a camed 4.8" LOL....
I asked him if he could put in on the dyno so he could see for himself what it was doing and thats when he figured out his mistake and still charged me $50 for the pull. I didn't complain just paid it.
I made one mod paid him $50 for the retune and now my truck shifts from 1st to 4th before i can get 100' down the road, also the TC won't unlock at wot.

I have emailed him several times and called him, but he won't answer any of them.

When he was doing my retune for my one an only mod I could tell he was mad i could see it on his face. I asked him what was wrong are you mad and he said " i am tired of having to retun your truck and have you ever paid for a full tune"
I said no i didn't ask for a full tune all i want is for the one i paid for to work.
"He said well you have a full tune" I just walked away, back into his waiting room. I couldn't belive he was mad at me, i didn't do anything wrong i am just a paying customer. I never gave him a hard time for me having to drive 100 miles round trip for him to try to correct this problem.
Also i spent over $2000 with him buying heads, cam, pushrods, timing chain, Tune, head gaskets, shims and springs.
And this is the way i get treated.

Thanks chuck your a good business man.
you know in the past 2 weeks I have heard of 2 other people with the same exact story as you... they hate the business HPE is giving them especially the customer service....
Old 12-27-2006, 11:25 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

pm sent
Old 12-27-2006, 01:03 PM

I apologize for the referral. I didn't have any first hand experience with his tuning skills at the time, I just heard he had aquired the tools to tune the GM trucks and assumed he was experienced in the field since he owns the company and has been tuning a while.

That does suck though. I hate that you had to go through that and wouldn't intentionally stear a fellow motorhead in the wrong direction.

I can personally tune the 05 Silverado 5.3s with HPTuners. If you need a simple fix, I'll take care you if my OS is applicable to your truck. Good luck!
Old 12-27-2006, 01:06 PM

BTW- This thread is a full year old. Boy a lot has happened in a year.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TXCAMSS
I apologize for the referral. I didn't have any first hand experience with his tuning skills at the time, I just heard he had aquired the tools to tune the GM trucks and assumed he was experienced in the field since he owns the company and has been tuning a while.

That does suck though. I hate that you had to go through that and wouldn't intentionally stear a fellow motorhead in the wrong direction.

I can personally tune the 05 Silverado 5.3s with HPTuners. If you need a simple fix, I'll take care you if my OS is applicable to your truck. Good luck!
NO NO NO its not your fault at all!!! I found chuck all by myself last summer 06. After repeated emails and calls to him which all have gone unanswered I felt it necessary to post so that this doesn't happen to anyone else.
I didn't want to start a whole new thread and posted in one that looked relevant. I thought the same thing as you, his shop is very impressive and he seems to have skills but he lacks the most important one and that’s people and customer service skills. Everyone makes mistakes and I know that tuning can be very time consuming and frustrating but there is no reason for him to blame and have attitude with me. What goes around comes around.

Quick Reply: houston tunes