Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

How do I lean out part throtle AFR?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 10:31 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah get a usb key drive or something.

Tip of the iceberg is enough for me. I don't want to know anymore. LMAO
Old 03-16-2008, 11:12 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys aren't just a little paranoid? Use a good virus suite like Trend....and back up constantly. My laptop is on the home wireless network, wpa security, firewalled thru a router and I back everything to my pc harddrive, wife's laptop and a usb drive....sheesh!
Old 03-16-2008, 03:36 PM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
Like you, I have a labtop that I refuse to hook to the internet. I used c/d to transfer all my tunes and uptadtes from my house computer, now I use a usb key..

As far as carb tuning vs. EFI tuning, there really isn’t a direct cross over from carb adjustments to EFI adjustments. In the EFI world we have much much more fueling control, but on top of that we also can control the amount of air the PCM “sees” going into the engine.

As you know, there are a TON of fueling tables in HPTuner for fueling control. The most important of which is the injector control tables, mainly, the flow rate table. We know the value of this table from our injector manufacturers. It is really the only “hard” information we have, and all tuning is based from this point. We can control a lot of the fueling, but most of our adjustments are made in the power enrichment area. The power enrichment tables are only active once all of the “enable” tabs have been meet. So we only use the power enrichment for heavy engine loads.

Most of our tuning adjustments are made on the air flow side of the PCM. We tell the PCM how much air is going into the engine with the maf table and v.e table, the pcm then adjusted the injectors to hit the target air/fuel mixture.

You may understand this already, but it is really only “the tip of the iceberg”
Im starting to catch on little by little. I was supprised how close I had the VE table. Im kinda having a hard time understanding the MAF calibration. So you get into the power enrich table under heavy load part throttle conditions? Another thing complicating my tune is Im way out of fuel pump. So my tune is kinda botched up top. I should have the meth on next week, and Im hoping it will help out a bit. I know I need to add a second fuel pump, Im just waiting untill I get out to Ca, where I have a shop to work in. Im going to be running a complete second fuel line, off another truck, and adding another nipple to the fuel rail crossover.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:47 PM
9 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by trever1t
You guys aren't just a little paranoid? Use a good virus suite like Trend....and back up constantly. My laptop is on the home wireless network, wpa security, firewalled thru a router and I back everything to my pc harddrive, wife's laptop and a usb drive....sheesh!
Im not super computer literate. My last craptop was ruined by a virus, and that wasn't covered under the extended warrenty I bought.
There is no WAY this new pice a shista is going on the internet again. My Motherinlaw got on the internet with it while I was out in Ca. Got it all screwed up, after I had made it clear the computer was not to be on the internet. It caused a major fight between my wife and I. I took it over to the geek squad, and luckly they straightend it out.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:53 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol, yeah I hear ya. Having wiped a number of systems has tought me over the years how to protect myself.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:27 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stock48
Im starting to catch on little by little. I was supprised how close I had the VE table. Im kinda having a hard time understanding the MAF calibration. So you get into the power enrich table under heavy load part throttle conditions? Another thing complicating my tune is Im way out of fuel pump. So my tune is kinda botched up top. I should have the meth on next week, and Im hoping it will help out a bit. I know I need to add a second fuel pump, Im just waiting untill I get out to Ca, where I have a shop to work in. Im going to be running a complete second fuel line, off another truck, and adding another nipple to the fuel rail crossover.
Your stock fuel lines have been provin good for over 1200 hp, just thow a second pump in that sucker...
You get power enricment when ever all the enablers are meet (< past tens)
So once the map clears, once your delay rpm is cleared, once your enable torque is cleared, then you have power enrichment...
I would recomend droping the delay rpm down to near zero, also you can control how fast the power enrichment "comes on" after the enablers have all been meet using the "enrichment rate" Mine is set for 4.0 or max. meaning it will come on as quick as possable....

Feel free to e-mail me your tune file
calliedusty@sbcglobal.net
I'll try to help as much as I can, though there are smarter people on this forum....dewey for one.... (don't let him hear I said that though, don't want it to go to his head.......)
Old 03-16-2008, 07:39 PM
9 Second Truck Club

Your stock fuel lines have been provin good for over 1200 hp, just thow a second pump in that sucker...
So once the map clears, once your delay rpm is cleared, once your enable torque is cleared, then you have power enrichment...
I would recomend droping the delay rpm down to near zero, also you can control how fast the power enrichment "comes on" after the enablers have all been meet using the "enrichment rate" Mine is set for 4.0 or max. meaning it will come on as quick as possable....

I'll try to help as much as I can, though there are smarter people on this forum....dewey for one.... (don't let him hear I said that though, don't want it to go to his head.......)
I appreciate the healp. I will Email you my tune as soon as I figure out how to get it on my home computer. The reason Im going with the duel lines is for the E85. I want to be 100% E85 this summer.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:56 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got ya, as long as your laptop has a CD writer you can just burn the files to CD. You don't need a burn program, the windows CD writer will write files just fine. Install the CD, open my computer, open the CD then just copy and paste, it will prompt you to write the files...
Old 03-16-2008, 08:01 PM
9 Second Truck Club

Got ya, as long as your laptop has a CD writer you can just burn the files to CD. You don't need a burn program, the windows CD writer will write files just fine. Install the CD, open my computer, open the CD then just copy and paste, it will prompt you to write the files...
I tried sending the file to the RW drive E and I think it burned.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:17 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

I have all my delays at Zero and enrich rate at 4.0 and it works good. Basically it just goes off TPS for PE until BE takes over.

Quick Reply: How do I lean out part throtle AFR?