Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

How personal is your VE table?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 03:07 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 02sierraz71_5.3
That table looks similar to others Ive seen. I think some of it depends on the way you drive, if you adjust the throttle differently more-less aggressively trimming changes and the ve table looks different. This is the reason for ltft's, along with temp and baro changes etc....
Oooh missed your post in all that quick posting.

Well, if I get aggressive, the "swell" in the 1600 to 1800rpm and 100 to 150 map area gets larger, obviously. And the less aggressive style of driving runs me through this "dip" area at 3600 to 4400 rpm and 105 to 150 map area.

I guess if you get into the lower rpm high map cell with less tps you'd probably see lower #'s here. Hmmm, maybe I am looking at it all wrong. Maybe the dip is just the "non-transitional" area of my ve table.

Anybody know how to come up with a plot filtering string to make it so only particular TPS% get logged. For example, nothing under 5%TPS or maybe nothing over 60%TPS?
Old 06-19-2006, 07:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Youll have to test this out cuz its been awhile, But for a filter try [SENS.90] < 5 AND [SENS.90] > 60
Old 06-19-2006, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by 1slowsilverado
Youll have to test this out cuz its been awhile, But for a filter try [SENS.90] < 5 AND [SENS.90] > 60
That's the ticket, I tried it on the way home, well I tried only greater than 5% tps to be shown [SENS.90]>5. VERY INTERESTING. I'll post a new ve table with the new error #'s applied in a few.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by thunder550
I sent you my tune right? My VE table is all wacked too....weird spikes and valleys. I'll try to get a pic put up when I get home tonight.
I don't know how to get 3D graph all by itself, I am EFILive dumb.
Thunders VE 1bar radix/3.0
Old 06-19-2006, 09:14 PM
Former Moderator :(

Magna Charger has never had any reason to mess with the VE table exept in the 100 -105 KPA area in the upper rpm range GM spent millions developing these maps and regardles of what they look like they work just fine on a stock engine.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:17 PM
TECH Addict

Still in tuning process
Old 06-19-2006, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Crash Dummy
Magna Charger has never had any reason to mess with the VE table exept in the 100 -105 KPA area in the upper rpm range GM spent millions developing these maps and regardles of what they look like they work just fine on a stock engine.
Never really put any thought to it, but after doing some searching I see what you are saying. Obviously having boost in a ve table that can't see it(boost) some help would be needed in the upper areas of 100 and 105. WIth a blower that has so much low end grunt how is it possible not to effect the ve table under 4k and low map? I only ask due to no knowledge. I am one of those not so smart people who jumped in with 2 feet. My SUperchips tune is still in the box it came in, never been used, still a virgin program, untouched. LOL

Just seems some thing so aggressive in getting to the 105 line would need a little ve tweaking. Especially since it seems Magna leaves the PE enable stuff stock. Again, no experience, just from tunes I have seen posted up. No arguement here, I see how they work just fine on a stock table for the most part. Plus I understand Magna is trying to stay CARB approved. I imagine that puts some restraints on what you can mess with and what you can't.

My new ve table after putting in the plot filtering, no values under 5%TPS...

Old 06-19-2006, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still don't understand how you can be LESS volumetrically efficient than an NA motor ALL THE WAY through the center of the table......
Old 06-19-2006, 11:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Zick
Still in tuning process

Wow looking at all these rough VE tables im second guessing myself JK! heres mine...

Last edited by 1slowsilverado; 06-19-2006 at 11:57 PM.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
That's the ticket, I tried it on the way home, well I tried only greater than 5% tps to be shown [SENS.90]>5. VERY INTERESTING. I'll post a new ve table with the new error #'s applied in a few.
Yea you got it.. That was a type-O my 2 yo likes to rip the keys off my laptop and I didnt proof read it lol... Put the whole filter in there with an AND or &.... your good to go...

Quick Reply: How personal is your VE table?