Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

How to tune these SES codes out of the computer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to tune these SES codes out of the computer?

Well I think I am finally on to something here! I have this computer in my truck that was tuned by Hinson supercars I have some codes that are showing my main concern are the pcm the chassis codes I belive need to be taken care of by the dealership because of the brakes or if you guys think they have something to do with the tune let me know, the o2 sensor I believe are because I do not have rear o2's hooked up and the tuner did not shut them off and the MAF code I think is a normal code due to boosted application, so I was wondering how to shut the SES light off on these codes with my HP tuners due to these codes being normal for my application, and I wish I could do something with the other codes with the ABS because the other coputer I had in here last week with another tune did not have these codes!

[PCM] P0101 - Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Performance (Immature)
[PCM] P2A01 - O2 Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Bank 1 Sensor 2 (Old) (Current) (Immature)
[PCM] P2A04 - O2 Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Bank 2 Sensor 2 (Old) (Current) (Immature)
[PCM] U1305 - Class 2 Data Link Low or High (History) (Immature)
[Brake] C0245 - Wheel Speed Sensor Frequency Error (SES) (Old) (Immature)
[Brake] C0035 - LF Wheel Speed Circuit Malfunction (SES) (Old) (Immature)
[Brake] C0040 - RF Wheel Speed Circuit Malfunction (SES) (Old) (Immature)
[Entertainment] B1035 - Discr. Sensor Closed or Short to GND (History) (Current) (Immature)

Continuous Tests
Misfire: Complete
Fuel System: Complete
Comprehensive Component: Complete

Once Per Trip Tests
Catalyst: Incomplete
Heated Catalyst: n/a
Evaporative System: Incomplete
Secondary Air System: n/a
A/C System Refrigerant: n/a
Oxygen Sensor: Incomplete
Oxygen Sensor Heater: Incomplete
EGR System: n/a
Old 01-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Banned

Oh and I just got done scaning it again and some more codes came up!

[PCM] P2A01 - O2 Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Bank 1 Sensor 2 (Old) (Current) (Immature)
[PCM] P2A04 - O2 Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Bank 2 Sensor 2 (Old) (Current) (Immature)
[PCM] U0107 - Lost Communication With Throttle Actuator Control Module (SES) (History) (Immature)
[Brake] U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (Old) (History) (Immature)

Continuous Tests
Misfire: Complete
Fuel System: Complete
Comprehensive Component: Complete

Once Per Trip Tests
Oxygen Sensor Heater: Complete
Old 01-10-2010, 04:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've noticed that when the ses light comes on the more you drive it other codes will come up but not be the fault.I would suggest erasing them and plug a scanner back in as soon as it comes on to give you a more accurate reading,or you could just set it on fire!
Old 01-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clear the codes, Check your grounds, and as soon as the light comes back on scan it again.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ryan_prettyman
[PCM] U1305 - Class 2 Data Link Low or High (History) (Immature)
[Entertainment] B1035 - Discr. Sensor Closed or Short to GND (History) (Current) (Immature)

Once Per Trip Tests
Oxygen Sensor Heater: Incomplete
Well since you did not post details about your tune i am going to guess how it is setup... By details i mean, Open Loop/Closed Loop, Cats/No Cats, MAF/No MAF, etc....

Since your boosted i am assuming your tuner turned off the MAF. That is what your getting the tests incomplete... Also you will not pass emmisions with those being incomplete....

You need to disable all the tests for anything regarding O2 sensor 2... Next you need to Enable Purge Canister Open Loop. This will allow your EVAP to test in Open Loop, that is if your running open loop....
Old 01-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Banned

I finally got a hold of my tuner and we got the rear O2's shut off they were still on and he said he will make some adjustments to the MAF because I am still using it and yes it is closed loop and in regards to the communication problems I am having,he asked me if power wires running against any of my wirring and I realized that I had my 2 gauge amp wire running rightnexto the throttle control module in fact it was against the wirring so pulled the fuse on my amp to see if that fixes it and I really am starting to think my BCM is going bad because after doing all that and leaving the battery disconnected for a couple hours the brake codes still came up but I am getting ready to go drive it and do another scan but I am in alot better mood now!
Old 01-10-2010, 08:40 PM
Banned

Oh Yeah and thanks for the responses I will let you know what it does!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Banned

Well I ended up doing all the tuning my self after I moved my power I havn't got the communication codes with the throttle body module and I turned my rear o2's by going into the my hp tuners into the dtc's and putting no error reported I fixed that and the MAF code I multiplied my delta flow table on my MAF by 2 we will see if that fixes that code and the abs codes I think are ganeric codes because I took my truck to the hobby shop on base today and got it ran with a tech 2 snapon scanner no abs codes were noted!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:31 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

If you have that p0101 code the computer isnt using the MAF at all, you are in speed density with the VE table.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Staging Lane

FWIW I may be talking out of my *** as I don't have my HP tuners on this computer, but I'm pretty sure I got those same 3 speed sensor codes right after I had the truck on the dyno.

Quick Reply: How to tune these SES codes out of the computer?