Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

HP Tuners VCM Suite 2.22 is Now Available!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 11:34 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the latest info on Autotune http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...24&postcount=6

If you are not already aware we hired 2 new Employees back in April or May and also opened our new facility in April which was a HUGE step for us. We still plan on hiring several new employees before the end of the year to not only help run the new facility but also a new engineer who can help with the software designing end of things as well as new hardware designs. The last few months for us have been very hectic to say the least but getting our two new engineers on board, trained, etc. has been a giant step in the right direction to be able to develop software for new applications as well as add features & tables to existing applications. Of course 99% of you will never notice a dozen tables being added to your calibration until you realize "oh shoot I guess I need to edit this table to make this work properly" and when that happens you too would find that added table priority over autotune(which btw is something you can do now by using the copy & paste feature). Autotune will not be the end all to tuning no matter how much we would like it to be it will not work on 98% of the calibrations we currently support meaning even when we do implement it only a VERY small portion of our users will be able to even utilize it.

Right now ensuring we have the best overall Editor & scanner package with the parameters YOU WANT & YOU NEED is priority over anything else that we do. Features like autotune are a creature comfort rather than necessity.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OH I hear ya, a growing company certainly has it pains...I know. It's easy for me to sit here and ridicule something I know nothing about (software developing for starters). No need to defend HPTuners priority development schedule. I as well understand autove will not be the end all, I get it, but it would be a cool toy nevertheless. And I certainly think it's more important to streamline tuning (adding AutoVE) rather than add another table (I say that not knowing what table you adding). I just think it's been long awaited. On the next update they should delete it from the RTT so I can't see it. Not bashing Bill, just whining.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:14 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
And I certainly think it's more important to streamline tuning (adding AutoVE) rather than add another table (I say that not knowing what table you adding).
What you need to remember is the ONLY custom operating systems that even support RTT(which is necessary for Autotune to even function)are Gen 3 99-04 files which for starters is a very limited amount so do 05+ guys care about adding Autotune? No. Nor do I4, I5, I6, diesel or Ford or Dodge guys. So while it would be great to add this FEATURE(not necessity) right away it keeps getting dropped back due to functionality & other feature additions like the near 500 A6 parameters we added(yes this affects A6 SUV's so it pertains to this forum & its users) A40 Allison transmission tuning again used in trucks so it pertains to this forum & its users as do the dozens of new operating systems we added for trucks, I'd be willing to bet at least 30 new operating systems were added for late model trucks alone which each takes at least 3-5 business days to map out. The one thing about being the largest most successful tuning software package out is that we have ALOT of customers, each of which have their own priorities, opinions & agendas, we accomodate what we feel is necessity FIRST(operating system support & new necessary tables) & the fluff will always be bumped for necessity. Otherwise you'd see ALOT of unhappy customers posting
Old 07-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Notorious BIG

Dewey, in other words, what Bill is saying is we are not there priority right now because we already own the software and therefore not making them any more money.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:34 PM

Well, I don't need to REMEMBER anything, cause I didn't know in the first place. I admitted I only know my wants and needs and understand your elementary explanation of every growing company in the world. I might of added a little more sugar to the explanation, but I get it.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Holty
Dewey, in other words, what Bill is saying is we are not there priority right now because we already own the software and therefore not making them any more money.
Thanks Holty, however exactly the opposite is true, we try to please the majority of our current customer base by adding new tables, by adding new calibrations, etc. Its impossible to appease everyone but we try our best to do so.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:20 PM
v8
17,16,15,14,13,12,11 Drvr

I Think your doing a GREAT job. Keep it up and yes i'am a suck up ahhaha.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:26 PM
v8
17,16,15,14,13,12,11 Drvr

Ok thanks foff667, found my way around my computer ahhhaa
Old 07-01-2008, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by v8
I Think your doing a GREAT job. Keep it up and yes i'am a suck up ahhaha.
He's helped me out a ton of times. He is certainly a plus, I didn't mean for it to turn into a bad thing, I just think being an existing customer with a platform that isn't moving (99-04) makes for a lonely place when you see all the new things coming out (HPT and EFI). AGAIN, I get it, it makes sense for the growth aspect, Microsoft wouldn't be who they are if they worried about pleasing WIndows 95 customers.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Alright, Maybe I didn't read fully however where is the download link on the HPT site for existing customers after logging in???

Quick Reply: HP Tuners VCM Suite 2.22 is Now Available!