Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

HPTuners Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 02:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPTuners Question

I'm still very hesitant on doing my own tuning because i really don't want to mess things up, but i really would like to learn more about it and how to do it. The more i research it and read about it, it doesn't seem too difficult. Here is my question: Does HPTuners save your default or original programming just in case you need to revert back to it? I currently have the original Radix programming and i don't want to lose that if i mess something up and have to "reset" the PCM back to the orignal programming from Magnuson.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:10 PM
TECH Junkie

You need to download your current tune from the pcm and save it and then you can alway load it back up. Best way to learn is to jump in there and start making changes. Make small changes on and notice the effects you can always go back to what was working if you make a mistake. Don't try to change to many things at once or you may end up guessing at what did what.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:15 AM
On The Tree

It takes time to learn but it's well worth it. The very first thing you do when you get it is to make a complete copy of your current ecm. After that all changes are made to that "image", and you can save any combination you like to a different file. So if you want to go back to stock all you have to do is load up your "stock" file and write 'er out.

Go hang out on the hptuners forum and read, read, read.