Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

I own HPTuners. Who can do an email tune for me?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Charlie Murphy!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default I own HPTuners. Who can do an email tune for me?

Hi guys. I just finished my 80E/3K stall/AWD swap in my 2000 Silverado. I'm running my stock 5.3L. I got a segment swap done and have played with the transmission tuning. I think I've got my transmission about where I want it.

The only thing my truck has, performance wise, is a cold air intake, shorty headers, cat back exhaust and LS1 e-fans.

I'm looking for a 91 octane tune.

Yesterday I ordered a NX Proton Plus nitrous kit. Hopefully, I'll be installing that in the next few weeks. (To tide me over until I have the time to assemble my 6.0L turbo setup.)

I'm going to start with a 50hp jet and play with n2o. I've read quite a bit and everyone says that you can safely run 100hp shot with a factory tune. I figure after I go through the first bottle or two, I'll move to 100hp. Then go to 150hp and try this mod out.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...ptions-454692/

I'll have to figure out the HPTuners version.

Anyway, can someone hook me up with a conservative 91 octane tune?

I believe this is my most current tune.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/34rx32nurd...ns%20tuned.hpt

I haven't had time lately to sit down and mess with HPTuners. I really want to, but there's been layoffs at work and tons of overtime covering said layoffs. I'd really like to see someone else tune so I can read, compare, and learn.

I'm not sure who to go to with this. Who will do a "mail order tune", but through email? Who's reputable?

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate it.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can take a look at that tune when I get home. I had pcmforless email me a tune. Really great guys to deal with. They emailed me a tune and I flashed it.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Attached a file which you can learn off of. T You might find the tow/haul settings a bit interesting if you haven't seen it before. It will allow you to do roll racing while staying in the gear which keeps you in the powerband. So in short, the tranny does not shift until WOT and behaves like a manual transmission somewhat.

Last edited by subeone; 08-03-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Charlie Murphy!

Originally Posted by kelsey_canard
I can take a look at that tune when I get home. I had pcmforless email me a tune. Really great guys to deal with. They emailed me a tune and I flashed it.
Thanks man. I really appreciate all the help I can get!

Originally Posted by subeone
Attached a file which you can learn off of. The timing is good for a 100 wet shot, if no nitrous then you can add 2 degrees of timing after the .60 g/cyl area and down. You might find the tow/haul settings a bit interesting if you haven't seen it before. It will allow you to do roll racing while staying in the gear which keeps you in the powerband. So in short, the tranny does not shift until WOT and behaves like a manual transmission somewhat.
Dude, you hooked me up with a tune! You're awesome!

I'm at work right now, I posted this whole thing from my iPhone. I can't wait till I get home later tonight to try it out!

Okay, I'm a bit confused. If I load this on to my truck is it okay to run without nitrous? Are you saying to only load this tune if I plan on spraying immediately? My nitrous kit won't be here for a few weeks, should I add the timing back?

While my truck isn't my daily driver, I need to act like one. I sort of need it to be wife proof. LOL

I can't wait to get home and check out the tune, I wish I could bring my laptop to work and learn on my breaks. LOL.

EDIT:

LOL. I wrote this whole thing out then you edited your reply.

Long story short, can I run this tune tonight? Can I run this tune with 91 octane and up to 100 shot of n2o?

Seriously, thanks again you guys. Your help means a lot.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by iregret
Thanks man. I really appreciate all the help I can get!

Dude, you hooked me up with a tune! You're awesome!

I'm at work right now, I posted this whole thing from my iPhone. I can't wait till I get home later tonight to try it out!

Okay, I'm a bit confused. If I load this on to my truck is it okay to run without nitrous? Are you saying to only load this tune if I plan on spraying immediately? My nitrous kit won't be here for a few weeks, should I add the timing back?

While my truck isn't my daily driver, I need to act like one. I sort of need it to be wife proof. LOL

I can't wait to get home and check out the tune, I wish I could bring my laptop to work and learn on my breaks. LOL.

EDIT:

LOL. I wrote this whole thing out then you edited your reply.

Long story short, can I run this tune tonight? Can I run this tune with 91 octane and up to 100 shot of n2o?

Seriously, thanks again you guys. Your help means a lot.
no problem, and sorry the reason why edited the 2 degrees of timing out was because i forgot you are running 91 octane, i am used to tuning all the trucks with 93 here in texas. Regardless you should be 100% fine running a wet 100 shot with those tables, but before you do, make sure the tranny shifts right since i overhauled your entire shift tables and TCC tables, but everything should work out fine. These 5.3's can take 30+ timing at wot in their stock form on 93, so you are perfectly fine for a 100 shot on 91 octane. As a rule of thumb you can add 1 degree of timing per 1.5 octane increase, so as you can see you top out at about 27 degrees, so you are running conservative enough for the 100 shot. IF you plan on running a 100 dry shot, take 2-3 degrees off after .60 g/cyl and forth to 1.20 from whatever rpm you plan to spray AND you can immediately load this file even without nitrous should pull better than your last tune IMHO.

Last edited by subeone; 08-03-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:18 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 378 Likes on 257 Posts

Little off subject, but how did you save changes to his tune without licensing it? Or did you really use 2 credits to license it?
Old 08-03-2013, 10:21 PM
Charlie Murphy!

Originally Posted by Atomic
Little off subject, but how did you save changes to his tune without licensing it? Or did you really use 2 credits to license it?
LOL, I wondered that myself. I started looking at his other posts. He mentioned that he has unlimited gen 3 tunes.. Still, feel like I owe him a beer or something!

Thanks again!
Old 08-03-2013, 10:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Atomic
i have unlimited credits, i tune for a shop Had to branch out from the supras and evos, to the common chevys. All the mexicans here have a truck
Old 08-03-2013, 10:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by iregret
LOL, I wondered that myself. I started looking at his other posts. He mentioned that he has unlimited gen 3 tunes.. Still, feel like I owe him a beer or something!

Thanks again!
lol its all great just report back with the outcome drinking a modelo especial right now
Old 08-03-2013, 10:27 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 378 Likes on 257 Posts

Ah, nice!

Quick Reply: I own HPTuners. Who can do an email tune for me?