Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

I own HPTuners. Who can do an email tune for me?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 01:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stumbled across this thread and its interesting you guys are doing tow/haul tunes. I have a 95 GMC Suburban I am swapping an LQ4 twin turbo in. Its a 2500 so it has the 4L80E in it already and i'm going to convert it to AWD.

I wanted to still be able to tow something safely if I needed to. So I had the idea of installing a nbs tow/haul shifter and wire the button. Now if I do that would I be able to make a "safe" tune for towing and it only comes on when I press the button and just have a nice tune all the time?

I plan on buying HPTuners and hopefully by the time I am ready for it they will have a patch to run with Windows 8.1 lol. I'm a noob right now to the swap/tune stuff so bare with me on some stuff but i'm a transmission tech and read computer data etc. Just haven't got the chance to do the tune by myself. Before this project the truck was a Whippled 454 with the old school obd1 prom in it that I had a piggy back computer installed and tuned the fuel that way (so outdated).
Old 01-02-2014, 01:17 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 378 Likes on 257 Posts

The only thing the tow/haul button can do is change transmission settings; firmness, **** speed/rpm, and torque converter lockup settings.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Atomic
The only thing the tow/haul button can do is change transmission settings; firmness, **** speed/rpm, and torque converter lockup settings.
Well that answers that. I know that is what it does stock but I didn't know if there were extra options in the tuning software to allow for any timing changes and whatnot.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

efilive with custom OS, if i understand correctly, can do what you are looking for carazy. The tow haul button activates a whole seperate tune file. but not hptuners OS