Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

IAT in relation to TPS sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 04:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default IAT in relation to TPS sensor?

Well, I'm racking my brain again. I'm going to call Ron tonite and get this thing over to GMMG and get it on their dyno, maybe he'll have some insight. But after a new throttle body, a new maf, replacing the sensor at least twice, and replacing the tps signal wires all the way to the pcm AND using wait4me's tune and Tx spd and perfomance's tune... still getting code0171 (tps sensor failure).

I was wondering if irregularly high IAT's will set off the TPS sensor. I noticed that with my e-fan setup (efans from an 02 Volvo) leaves the upper radiator hose up against the airaid MIT tube. That upper hose gets HOT i know, and so I think a lot of that heat is transfering to the intake tube. When I'm idleing at a red light, fans on or not, the truck will do its regular routine with shifting really fast and it will get into overdrive at like 30mph and act like its not getting any air, even when its floored, it'll just fall on its face. After taking off from the light and having it acting up like this, i can feather the throttle and wait a little while and than i'll get acceleration back and it'll act fine. On cooler days and cool nites the ses light will go away after a few mintues of driving, but if its over 70* outside, the code will come back and i'll have problems again.

Reason why i beleive the IATs are high is bc the intake tube is really hot. Just about the same temp as the upper radiator hose (im only judging by touch). So what i just did was modify the upper radiator hose, cut it down a bit and re-routed it so it wouldnt touch the intake... took it out for a drive and no problems.. so i'm hoping that i solved it. I'll get to test it for sure tomorrow when I take a 45 min drive to Athens. But my question is basically... are the IATs realated to the tps sensor at all?

Last edited by SSlow 4.8; 10-03-2005 at 04:43 PM.