Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

IFR table

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 04:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default IFR table

Table B4001 (Injector Flow Rate) in EFILive. I have the multec II 44lb injectors in my truck. They are maxing out at 107% right now so I was looking for any way to get a little fuel back in the mean time till i get some 60's. Anyhow, I am pulling my AFR back to 12.05 and looking into adjusting the FPR a little when i decided to look into some of my injector tables. I noticed table B4001 was set to 40.8 all the way down the coulmn. Shouldn't that be 44.0 all the way down or is there some correction factor I dont know about?
Old 12-28-2006, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

log fuel pressure, calculate IFR based on the various fuel pressures you get at different MANVAC values.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RedHardSupra
log fuel pressure, calculate IFR based on the various fuel pressures you get at different MANVAC values.
Log fuel pressure? Manually is the only way I can do that. I know there is a way to setup logging fuel pressure with EFILive and a custom PID, but i dont have the parts to do it. By MANVAC, are you talking about manifold vacuum/kPa? Can you elaborate a little on how I would derive what my IFR should be based on fuel pressure and manifold vacuum?

Thanks
Old 12-28-2006, 10:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

107 wont hurt for a while..ive been runnin mine around 115 % for a while, i got some bigger ones waiting
Old 12-28-2006, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=3661 is the logging part

this is my new spreadsheet to deal with the data gathered:
http://redhardsupra.blogspot.com/200...gged-fuel.html
Old 12-29-2006, 11:10 AM
TECH Addict

Cool stuff RHS, i may have to set that up so i can log FP with EFILive, very cool. However, lol...in the meantime, what is the general concensus on that B4001 table? I know I can tweak it once I have logged the data, but just for starters what should those columns be populated with? Should they inducate the full p/hr ability of the injector which would be 44.0, or should they be slightly lower like mine is now at 40.8?
Old 12-29-2006, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

i dont know diddly squat about trucks, but from what i understand they run 58psi fuel pressure and have a return fuel system with a fpr that keeps injector flow constant no matter what pressure we have in manifold, right?
with these assumptions, your IFR table should be filled with 4.97g/sec for the whole range of MANVAC. (that'd the default unit in EFILive) (Static flow @ 43.82lb/hr @ 58PSI / 400KPa or 4.97 g/s or 460cc/min).

but i just noticed that you have FPR and boost involved, so this gets much more complicated. I just figured out a lot of stuff how to deal with it, but it's still in testing phases. are you using EFILive's COS and 2bar MAP or just hacking on IFR/MAF/PE?
Old 12-29-2006, 12:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RedHardSupra
i dont know diddly squat about trucks, but from what i understand they run 58psi fuel pressure and have a return fuel system with a fpr that keeps injector flow constant no matter what pressure we have in manifold, right?
with these assumptions, your IFR table should be filled with 4.97g/sec for the whole range of MANVAC. (that'd the default unit in EFILive) (Static flow @ 43.82lb/hr @ 58PSI / 400KPa or 4.97 g/s or 460cc/min).

but i just noticed that you have FPR and boost involved, so this gets much more complicated. I just figured out a lot of stuff how to deal with it, but it's still in testing phases. are you using EFILive's COS and 2bar MAP or just hacking on IFR/MAF/PE?
From what i understand with the FPR, as manifold pressure goes up, so does the fuel pressure, hence when the vac hose is pulled from the FPR, fuel pressure rises. I have an idle pressure of about 58psi and a WOT pressure of about 65psi depending on how accurate my gauge is. I am not using the custom 2bar OS yet, but plan on making the change, my skills in tuning are leaving me a bit intimadated at the moment. I am just a little nervous about making that change. I have the 2bar MAP sensor sitting on the bench in the garage, it laughs at me everytime I go in there.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:44 PM
TECH Addict

and my units in the B4001 table are lbs/hr, and the whole column shows 40.8 from 0-80 MANVAC
Old 12-29-2006, 12:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Most of the trucks Ive seen fluctuate from 55psi at idle and part throttle to 58-60 at WOT. The thing about the IFR table is that it will never be perfect there are other factors that can influence what the actual injector flow rate like voltage fluctuations etc..

But, the good news is that any discrepancies can be made up by the VE table and/or maf so I set the IFR according to the max injector rating (60psi) and then go about tuning the rest any slack is taken up in the other air tables.

Thats my take on it.

Quick Reply: IFR table