Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Innovate LC-1 Wideband question

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 07:01 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any chance to get it done? I'm about to install an LC-1 and you've got me a little worried now.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nah, didnt get it done yesterday....had to work late. Today was too nice so i mowed the grass. Maybe tomorrow?
Old 05-03-2008, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

UPdates?
Old 05-18-2008, 07:32 PM
TECH Addict

After some rewiring, some firmware updates, and some road tests.......I am still dissatisfied with my LC-1 so far as using it with the Roadrunner. It is fine for keeping track of "approximately" where you are as far as AFR goes, but just not precise as i would like it to be using the Roadrunner. I would see variations in AFR sometimes as much as .60 up or down, and the way the Roadrunner does its real time updating, it just wasnt working well enough for me. Yes, i tried to calibrate it, reloaded new firmware, changed the ground points around, tried different inputs, and even tried all the different latency settings but nothing seemed to work. I just kept getting large AFR swing readings. So considering some of the reviews here, I purchased a PLX new in the box from Ebay. It should be here before next weekend, so hopefully I will get some playtime with it before the next track meet in June. I will keep you all posted.

I know I asked this a few posts back but does anyone else experience these swings in AFR? Do you see them by all most as much as .60 - .75 like me? I could be going down the road, same MAP pressure, same RPM, same everything and the stinking guage (EFILive gauge) would be jumping around from 14.60 to 13.95 and back up to 15.10 all in the course of a second.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Un-Registered User

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

have you tried this. i dont know about roadrunner but, for efi live this might help.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....ht=calibration
Old 05-19-2008, 09:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is connected to a switched power source... When i turn the key on it is on.
Been workin fine for over a year now.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mcfarlnd
have you tried this. i dont know about roadrunner but, for efi live this might help.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....ht=calibration
I have a V1, so i dont think that will apply, but thanks.

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
Mine is connected to a switched power source... When i turn the key on it is on.
Been workin fine for over a year now.
Mine works, it just fluxuates to much to allow the RoadRunner to do its thing.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:37 AM
Un-Registered User

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

i tried. good luck
Old 05-31-2008, 05:03 PM
TECH Addict

I got the PLX SM-AFR wideband hooked up today. MUCH easier install than the LC-1. However, the instructions are less than fantastic and i cant find much on how to incorporate it into the EFILive V1 module. I installed it the way it made sense to me, but usually thats 180* out of phase . I cleaned the K&N filter so i am waiting for that to dry out before i can fire it up and check to see how it works, just though if anyone here had first hand knowledge of how to hook it up they could post it up. 12v/GND is a no brainer but the other connector has a 3.3v, GND, Narrow band, and Wideband. I hooked up the GND to the signal GND and the Wideband to the #1 input.....both on the EFILive module. I did not use the 3.3v or the narrowband outputs on the PLX device. There is no O2 calibration and no device in software calibration like the LC-1.....so i hope it works well.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:38 PM
TECH Junkie

from what i can tell that sounds right. The 3.3 volts is for the plx gauge. The N\b is for ussing the plx to simulate the stock o2 i think. I can go look at mine if needed. It is on the v2

Quick Reply: Innovate LC-1 Wideband question