Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Just got back from the dyno at DRM - Wait4me tune results inside - weird findings

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is a pig too till about 3k. The throttle response sucks too. I am going to give him a call as well. I just figured Id let him be on Labor Day.

I have been driving mine on and off for about a week and a half. It feels better at times than others. But its a pig off the line. I expectred a little better performance down low.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

It is not really wierd, it just needs some tweaking. Let Jesse know, he will fix it. The lean to rich dive is Enrichment coming in.

Again Jesse can fix it for you but I would buy EFILive, HP or TC if you are going to be constantly modifying the truck.

Originally Posted by hirdlej
Yeah I noticed that too!! Why so lean and then it just dumps fuel in? My gas mileage is **** and I've been trying to baby it everywhere I go. The low end response is kinda crappy too the truck chugs and lugs at 1500-1800 RPM's where it never did before. As far as spark knock goes, I haven't seen any hooking my predator handheld up in diagnostics mode and driving. It's just weird how lean it is at 2600 Rpms and just dives into the high 11's. WTF is going on here?

Joe
Old 09-13-2005, 05:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
There is no tune like a dyno/street tune...That truck is way PIG *** rich! The HP numbers look low for a 4.8 too.
I usually get flamed for comments like that, but the truth is before you spend any $$ for a Mail job, if you don't have it Dynoed before/after you will never know what hp/tq you got for your dollar. Also serves as a great measuring stick for the Mail Job.

Always try to use the same Dyno or at least the same kind ie: Dynojet, Mustang ect.

How well can a Dr. in CA perform heart surgery in NY?????????????????/
Old 09-13-2005, 06:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well next week I'm putting the cam in and I'm going to take it to the dyno afterwards to get Jesse come AFR readings. He said if he can see the sheet that the 2nd time around he can nail it spot on.