Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

KR tables... do you think this will work?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 01:52 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
hey 02, I just figured onyx being a beginner in the tuning as myself would benefit from seeing the PID of the converter next to the PID of the kr. But your way is pretty obvious as well, just when you go back to watch your scan you still don't really know when the converter was locking.

FWW onyx...two things, I have the stock 2000 5.3 high octane table on LS1edit, not HPT....(I got the hpt for my 6.0 swap.) If you want, give me your email address and I'll screen print you a picture of the table..probably be easier to copy.

also for what is worth... on the hpt scanner software.... click on the third button just under "Scan and Preferences" it is the table display. Right click on something you don't want to see...likedynamic airflow and click delete. (there is a max on how many things you are allowed to watch. Then click on the box under the knock retard. The right click it...and click insert...then click the plus sign for transmission...then click TCC...then DOUBLE click TCC Mode. There you go.Goto file>save config as and name the preference something like converter test. And when ever you scan, just open that config. Make since?

It helped me, especially since I don't like the idea of killing kr sensors. Again, changing your converter settings will help alot as well. Don't get frustrated, tons of **** to learn in that tuning area.

cool, thanks for the hook up.

bmlehman@***.net
Old 08-08-2005, 02:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whats the outcome?
Old 08-09-2005, 10:53 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 02sierraz71_5.3
whats the outcome?

havent had time to mess with it unfortunately. been working too much. im still doing some more research.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:53 PM
TECH Resident

onyx - by chance have you tried cleaning your top end or changing your LTFT boundaries to try and get your trims under control? Reason I am asking, I was having some trim issues and eventually some sporadic KR issues recently. Started reading up on some info about carbon build up and KR and their relation to one another. My truck only has 30k I really didn't think I would have alot of carbon build up which would cause the issues I was having, but I stopped by the dealer and a buddy of mine who is a mechanic there, gave me a couple of cans of the GM Top Engine Cleaner. I ran that through my truck, and I have to admit it worked pretty damn good. A couple days after running that through and logging I decided to change my LTFT MAP/RPM boundries to try align the FTC groups more efficiently. The stock settings were 33/55/77 MAP and 900/1400/2200 RPM, and I changed them to 45/65/85 MAP and 1K/2K/2.8K RPM. I was really never hitting the 33/900 cell, and my truck idled in between 40-50 MAP, so these changes definately worked for my setup. FWIW just trying to offer up something that might help out. The link below contains the Histograms of before and after changes.

Top End Cleaner Results
Old 08-09-2005, 04:02 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Okie5.3
onyx - by chance have you tried cleaning your top end or changing your LTFT boundaries to try and get your trims under control? Reason I am asking, I was having some trim issues and eventually some sporadic KR issues recently. Started reading up on some info about carbon build up and KR and their relation to one another. My truck only has 30k I really didn't think I would have alot of carbon build up which would cause the issues I was having, but I stopped by the dealer and a buddy of mine who is a mechanic there, gave me a couple of cans of the GM Top Engine Cleaner. I ran that through my truck, and I have to admit it worked pretty damn good. A couple days after running that through and logging I decided to change my LTFT MAP/RPM boundries to try align the FTC groups more efficiently. The stock settings were 33/55/77 MAP and 900/1400/2200 RPM, and I changed them to 45/65/85 MAP and 1K/2K/2.8K RPM. I was really never hitting the 33/900 cell, and my truck idled in between 40-50 MAP, so these changes definately worked for my setup. FWIW just trying to offer up something that might help out. The link below contains the Histograms of before and after changes.

Top End Cleaner Results

thanks for the info. i was recommended to do the seafoam treatment. the top end cleaner is the same isnt it?
Old 08-09-2005, 07:11 PM
TECH Resident

i have never used seafoam, but understand it does the same thing.