Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Larger Injectors Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 08:37 PM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 364HC
i have the injector value tables on both hptuners/efi live
Can you please send them to me in efilive tune format?

My email is j_port21@yahoo.com

Thanks!!!!
Old 11-21-2011, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by swift700
I would return those injectors and get some Siemens/Deka injectors. There is no proper data available for those anywhere. Ask me how I know. You can get them to run but they'll never be right without the proper data, and unfortunately it's non-existant. The guy that builds and sells them knows this but won't admit that anything more is required than what comes on that little card.
Definitely not good news!!! I will see how it goes once I get the data and go from there.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sent you my file. The only good thing about these injectors if that they are a direct swap for the factory ones. If only there was some good data...
Old 11-21-2011, 11:03 PM

I sent you my file. The only good thing about these injectors if that they are a direct swap for the factory ones. If only there was some good data...
I received your email, except I have efilive. I am going to ask a friend to see if he can open and take screen shots of the tables.

Thanks man, appreciate it.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have these same injectors and I was under the impression that they worked great. I have not installed them yet, but I am planing on it. Did anyone talk to Justin @ Blackbear about tuning with these injectors? I believe he is familar with them. This is the first negative feedback that I have heard off on these.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:17 PM
Laid Back

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Can one of you guys send me the data for these injectors at justinfbomb@aol.com? I'm going to be starting my tune in about a month(hptuners) and having some decent data would be a huge help.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had Nelson try and tune these injectors but even he had trouble with certain parts of the tune, namely the cold idle and acceleration. I've since tweaked them to run pretty good.

TurboJohn6, I will get you a copy of my tune when I get back in a couple days.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeshow
You'll need a much wider range of IFR data than you have listed to fill the table. You'll need minimum pulse width, but I don't see a lot of variation from 0.8ms with 60lb injectors, so you could probably use that value... Also need short pulse adder information, and definitely a lot more information on latency. Injector response time is also affected by manifold pressure so you are going to need a whole table for injector offset on a graph with respect to voltage and vacuum.

So basically, you need a lot more information What injectors are they?
Old 11-22-2011, 09:59 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would return those injectors and get some Siemens/Deka injectors. There is no proper data available for those anywhere. Ask me how I know. You can get them to run but they'll never be right without the proper data, and unfortunately it's non-existant. The guy that builds and sells them knows this but won't admit that anything more is required than what comes on that little card.
And another to you also.

As I always come on here on preach just getting the IFR entered in correctly in the tune is only a small part of the equation when it comes to tuning in different injectors. The reason I probably always sound like a broken record about is because it is very important to get the other "correct" data changed to match the characterization of the injector being used.

Yes these injectors are of course a very inviting and logical choice being how nice it is that they are plug and play but with this also comes with a lot of headaches getting them tuned in right. Can it be done? Sure. Has it been done? Sure guys are using these and have gotten them to work but for a number of the self tuners out there who may be a little less experienced for example may end up down a rough road of tuning a larger injector without having the right data.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had Nelson try and tune these injectors but even he had trouble with certain parts of the tune, namely the cold idle and acceleration. I've since tweaked them to run pretty good.

TurboJohn6, I will get you a copy of my tune when I get back in a couple days.
I would appreciate it....Thanks!

Quick Reply: Larger Injectors Tuning