Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

LC-1 arrived...how did you all mount it, hardwire it in?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 07:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
I like leaving PE enabled and just setting my commanded fuel table to one value, basically a personal preference... It makes no difference if you follow my suggestions or the tutorial because your tunning based on the relationship between commanded vs actual... Both methods command a richer mixture in the high load areas, so your safe there...

like i said, that is just the way i do it, everyone has their own style..
Right, I'll have to find my own preferences I suppose. I'm pretty excited. I'm interested to see how much better the truck daily drives with a really accurate VE table compared to the stock GM table.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:03 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Right, I'll have to find my own preferences I suppose. I'm pretty excited. I'm interested to see how much better the truck daily drives with a really accurate VE table compared to the stock GM table.
It should be alot better. BUT, don't get discouraged if you run into some issues... I know i spent along time figuring out how and how NOT to tune the VE table... It is pretty simple but years ago when i first started not many people tuned their own and those who did, did not help others... but i think i figured out everyway to screw it up, lol...

Good luck and post up your tune and logs as you go.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Yep, worst than can happen is blowing up the motor. Actually Im surprised it hasn't happen yet. I've run it a couple times at WOT without PE activated! Whew.

Actually, the first thing I need to do when I get the wideband in is to get the LTFTs around 0 so that it can be similar to running a stock truck. Then I can add the 15% across the VE table per the EFI live tutorial to ensure the truck doesn't go lean and get damaged. Running on stock LQ9 tune, my LTFTs are around +8-9 daily driving.