Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Loggin PLX wideband with HP Tuners

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 09:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loggin PLX wideband with HP Tuners

Finally got the wideband today and i am getting ready to install it in the morning. The only thing i cant figure out is how to wire it up so i can log the WB signal with HP Tuners, i have searched around but i am very tired and its not going well. I understand the rest of the wiring except where to run the WB Analog output wire to?

Thanks in advance gentlemen
Old 09-17-2008, 09:27 PM
FormerVendor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you have the EIO option on HP tuners?
Old 09-18-2008, 07:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

hey Derek, thanks again for the help and the great price as i bought the PLX from you guys.

I have the Pro version of HP Tuners, so does that mean i have the EIO option?
Old 09-18-2008, 08:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The EIO is in the cable that connects to the port. Gives yo the ability to record/log without a laptop and has a plug for wire connections to input other signals or output custom PIDS.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

i think i know what you mean. is it the serial port on the stand alone datalogger with the pink connector that you are referring to? if so, all i need to know is which spot to connect the output from the PLX to, if it even matters.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:39 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Our help file is a great place to start http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_sca...connecting.htm

I've always connected my LM1 to the #1 input
Old 09-18-2008, 11:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

I think i got it now. Thanks guys. Got the wideband in and working and simulating the narrowband well. had to go to class so i will connect to the MPVI interface afterwards. first impression looking at the narrowband O2 readings with the scanner is that the wideband does not fluctuate near as much. is this going to cause problems in the computer because the sensors dont seem to be playing nice together? i will post a log later.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

OK guys i thought i had it figured but now i am having some problems. First off, my a/f gauge is reading as much as .5 afr richer than the PID in the scanner. i thought this might be because i used two different ground connections so i moved them to the same position and i did not notice any improvement (but i only ran it in idle for about 2 minutes). if this is normal then which should i trust?

Secondly and more importantly, my afr error % histogram is WAAAAAY off . i attached the log and as you can see its always reading like -50 to -60% even when it should be like 6%.

Please help i need this thing tuned by Weds for the track.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
WB 2.hpl (293.3 KB, 128 views)
Old 09-21-2008, 01:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sprayed8
OK guys i thought i had it figured but now i am having some problems. First off, my a/f gauge is reading as much as .5 afr richer than the PID in the scanner. i thought this might be because i used two different ground connections so i moved them to the same position and i did not notice any improvement (but i only ran it in idle for about 2 minutes). if this is normal then which should i trust?

Secondly and more importantly, my afr error % histogram is WAAAAAY off . i attached the log and as you can see its always reading like -50 to -60% even when it should be like 6%.

Please help i need this thing tuned by Weds for the track.
You just need to modify the PID formula, here is a good example posted by LS1-440 on Tech.
AFR=V*2+10 for the PLX. The number 10 is an AFR . Just add or subtract 0.1 to or from 10, depending on if she's reading rich or lean, in order to dial in your airflow. For example if your airflow is showing lean by 0.2, then your calc would read AFR=V*2+9.8 This will dial in the Wideband signal.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

I might be being dense and cant figure out what you mean. i never entered an equation in for the PID. i just used the Pre-made AUX input for the PLX. should i just make my own user defined input?

Quick Reply: Loggin PLX wideband with HP Tuners