Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

ls1 fans question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 11:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 fans question.

I did some searching and could not come up with what i was looking for. I am having a problem with my ls1 fans not working correctly. I have them hooked up with a nelson harness. Now the problem i am having is that, everything works correctly, but the fans will not turn on via the pcm. I have had it tuned for this as well. I checked all the relays and they seem to be ok. Will a bad relay cause this to happen, even tho the fans turn on with the a/c and or the override switch? I am beginning to believe the tuner might not have done it correctly. When u change the settings in HPT do you have to actually activate the pin #, or can you just put in the fan temps in the fans menu and thats it? By the way the pin is seated all the way in the plug.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blksilverado
I did some searching and could not come up with what i was looking for. I am having a problem with my ls1 fans not working correctly. I have them hooked up with a nelson harness. Now the problem i am having is that, everything works correctly, but the fans will not turn on via the pcm. I have had it tuned for this as well. I checked all the relays and they seem to be ok. Will a bad relay cause this to happen, even tho the fans turn on with the a/c and or the override switch? I am beginning to believe the tuner might not have done it correctly. When u change the settings in HPT do you have to actually activate the pin #, or can you just put in the fan temps in the fans menu and thats it? By the way the pin is seated all the way in the plug.
MY guys had a similar prob using HPT...there is a table where u must enable the e-fans...u can call Ed Gomez @ Mongillo Motors in New Haven, CT...he finally figured it out after a little trial and error. A relay will do that too BTW. I have the same setup as u. R/
Old 08-06-2007, 11:48 AM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they are actually easy to turn on. you pcm is similar to mine as you just set the fans to 2 fans and set the proper temps
Old 08-06-2007, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quik
they are actually easy to turn on. you pcm is similar to mine as you just set the fans to 2 fans and set the proper temps
Apperently on HPT u have to be sure to enable them...there's a table to activate I think and it disables the clutch fan at the same time. I'm no expert...just part of my trials and tribulations
Old 08-06-2007, 12:17 PM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you cant diable a clutch fan yes you just go into the system section and set the fans to 2 fans
Old 08-06-2007, 01:18 PM
TECH Regular

you have to turn them on the pcm on pin 42
Old 08-06-2007, 01:56 PM
On The Tree

In HPT you set the fan type (no fans, aux fans, 2 fans), the fan temps, and the A/C enable/disable speeds. This is what my 2002 tune has available. It makes no difference whether you select "aux fans" or "2 fans". Both settings will enable pin 42. Neither setting will enable a second pin for high speed fans - you will still need to connect to the A/C system.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks for the responses.. i donno, maybe i'll just buy 3 new relays and see what happens. From what i seen the tuner do, i remember he set them for 2 fans and put in the temps. I guess thats not the problem then. I'll have to email him and find out. thanks again guys