Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

My christmas gift from me :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default My christmas gift from me :)

i wana give me a wideband gauge and i have a quick question, i searched awhile already but i wana make double sure, im interested in the PLX DM-6 Multi Gauge, would this be what im looking for or am i missing something, as i understand this is a multi gauge wish right now i only need wideband, i can buy the other sensors later

PLX DM-6 Multi Gauge + Wideband O2 Air Fuel Ratio Sensor AFR Combo Touch Screen

is there anyone who can give me feedback on it and tell is if this is what im looking for?

thank you and merry christmas
Old 12-19-2011, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure what the question is, but I've got the same thing minus the touch screen & it reads my afr. I'd assume the other features of the touch screen would have to wired in.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I can tell by what you've asked, it's what you're looking for. People on here swear by AEM and Innovate, but I'd rather stick with PLX.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CC05
From what I can tell by what you've asked, it's what you're looking for. People on here swear by AEM and Innovate, but I'd rather stick with PLX.
We tested my plx WB on my last dyno session, and it was dead on to the 1k plus wideband he was using.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mhotrodscooter
We tested my plx WB on my last dyno session, and it was dead on to the 1k plus wideband he was using.
I dont get your answer, r u saying u dont like it and it dosnt ready below 1000 rpm?

Thank you
Old 12-19-2011, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

The reason im asking for your opinion on the gauge is because ive had my bad luck with gauges, if u could just post what u use and how u like it I would really appreciate it

Thank you
Old 12-20-2011, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've had the same plx for 3yrs now.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by walledition
I dont get your answer, r u saying u dont like it and it dosnt ready below 1000 rpm?

Thank you
Lol I'm saying my under 300 dollar plx was dead on point for point to his 1000 dollar plus wideband he was using.

I like it,and after testing it I like it even more.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I can't vouch for the PLX, seems you all are having good luck with it. I'm looking for a WB now, I had the Innovate LC-1 in the past, but it gave me problems. It worked and got the job done, but almost always it would give me errors and not read and I'd have to re-start the vehicle. I know AndyC3's does this as well from time to time so it's not an isolated issue. From what I've read, the AEM wideband is the most accurate of all the common low cost ones.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:10 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Innovate's customer service is great and they'll replace their units with no questions asked, but replacing widebands time after time is no fun. Some have better luck than others, but I'm just going by what I've faced. Try a PLX or an AEM, preferably PLX if you want to put down a little more cash. Accurate and reliable, and worth it in my opinion. I'm a fan.

Quick Reply: My christmas gift from me :)