Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Need a hand on HP Tuners.............

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Need a hand on HP Tuners.............

Well, lap top went south, sent in for repair. I'm docked up on the desktop- I've done alot of reading about stand alone logging and to make this possible you need to load your config. OK, how do I do that? I have the origina read and the lates file that I tweaked. Where do I go from here..............
Thanks
Old 08-05-2007, 04:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kinda unsure what you are asking, but you need a laptop to log a scan, unless you have a REALLY LONG CORD, hahaha. Once you have read your pcm, you can tweak it however you want, then you have to reflash the pcm with your changes. But you definitely need a laptop to do anything.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2001c3driver
Well, lap top went south, sent in for repair. I'm docked up on the desktop- I've done alot of reading about stand alone logging and to make this possible you need to load your config. OK, how do I do that? I have the origina read and the lates file that I tweaked. Where do I go from here..............
Thanks
Are you trying to view the logs you made with the stand alone logging feature? If so, just connect the HPTuners cable to your computer, open the MPVI setting under data, then click on Read Logs. It will prompt you for a file name and save location. Once completed, you can either erase the logs from your MPVI or leave them, then mearly open the scanned data and review your logged info. I typically do not have the same configuration file loaded on the scanner, as I had with the stand alone logging, but HPTuners will figure it out.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In VCM Scanner: Connect the MPVI to your computer and open the configuration you want to log with (*.cfg) and CLOSE any open log files (*.hpl). Go to the Scan menu, then down to 'MPVI Pro Data Logging'. Click 'Write Config'. Comfirm erasing any saved logs on MPVI. Connect MPVI to car and use Record and Stop buttons (press for 2 seconds). When you are done, connect to your computer again, and go to scan menu and then 'MPVI Pro Data Logging'. Click on 'Read Logs'. VCM Scanner will read the logs and prompt you to save them just as if you logged with the laptop. After you save all the logs, you can erase them. I usually do it right away. After this, you can open the logs as normal.

Of course, this is for MPVI Pro only.