Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help!

Got new injectors and had it tuned for them, made three passes by my house with traction control turned off and now having stabilitrak and traction control
problems. It's flashing need sevice. Turn engine off and restart, still there. Drive down road and it resets itself in about 2 miles. I now then can turn traction control off and on again. Restart engine, put truck in reverse turn wheel to right to back up and stabilitrak starts flashing off again, needs service. Bad reduced power while this is happening. Now check engine light is on and want go off. Could there be any connection with this problem and the tune for the injectors? Never seen this before on my truck.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Have you checked all the grounds? Scan it & see if your getting any codes..
Old 11-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Teching In

Ok, checked all grounds, none were loose. Guess i will have to take it some where to scan it. Thanks Bud! hope to get this thing lined out soon. Its making me miss some perfect weather to run in.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Try & pull the fuse for the traction control & see if it still does it.. Maybe your gear ratio is wrong with your new tune..
Old 11-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Teching In

I'll try that. Drove it down the road Sat evening and no lights came on, weird. I did turn traction control and stabilitrak off and back on before i moved it. Found a guy local that works at the Chevy Dealership that has the scan tool at home and he is going to look at it for me.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

was it parked up for awhile? wheel sensor could of got rust,bug or something blocking the signal
Old 11-07-2011, 08:22 PM
Teching In

Well what I didn't say at first was on the third pass I had it sideways three times and didn't know it even had stabilitrak and it wasn't turned off, but the traction controll was off. Thats when it all started. I have since learned how to turn it off now. Gonna let that guy i was talking about earlier look at it, maybe he can reset and clear out codes.
As far as the check engine light it could be something to rich it sure smells bad fat. Or, I had my headers uncap and O2 sensors are near the end of the collector, could have something to do with it one guy told me. Probably need to get some collector extension.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Guess it didnt like going sideways new cam must have woke it up.. Hope you get it figured out man.. Good luck
Old 11-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Teching In

No it didn't like sideways, should know later this week. I'll let you know.