Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

need help asap!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation need help asap!

hey guys im havin a prob with my 01 silvy...last night i decidced to wash my engine...well after washin it i turned it on and it wouldnt idle...just lope once and die...so after keepin it alive for a while then i see my SES flashing, plugged my scanner in and the p0300 mulitple cylinder misfire was there...well i checked my plug wires plugs and they both look fine, no water/moisture nothin wrong. so i called it a night and said **** it ill look at it tomarrow, let her sit overnight, idled fine except for the miss, then took her for a spin...just coughing and spitting everywhere, and the weird thing is as much as i can feel it miss and all that, no code pops up which leaves me dumbfounded...someone please help me out i honestly have no idea wtf i did. does this sound like a coil shorted out somehow? im just tryin to figure this out

thanks

tj
Old 07-26-2011, 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

almost forgot to add, found out one spark plug wire was screwed from resting on the header yet it still has a little bit of a missfire, itll buck a little in OD and you can feel it and hear it...not to mention at like a steady 2500 in neutral you can hear it misfire
Old 07-26-2011, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gets some electric clean & spray the main connectors for the coil packs. Well unplug them & spray them & let them dry. Unplug all your wires & do the same thing.. If that don't Help wait till night time & get someone to rev it to 2500rpm or where ever it missing & look for spark jump. Hope this helps..
Old 07-27-2011, 01:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i re-dialectric greased all the connections on the plug wires, and ill clean out the terminals for the coil packs right now, woke up this morning it had the miss then it went away, then shut the truck off did it again...more probs i have the more i wanna convert to carb'd lol, but thanks man i appreciate the input!!
Old 08-01-2011, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well ***** back and its gotten even worse, part throttle itll cough spit and backfire, just did new wires, changed out a coil that i thought was bad...**** is all sorts of fucked up and is pulling the whole p0300 multiple cylinder misfire detected code...im lost with what to do, everythings been done in dialectric grease
Old 08-01-2011, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If your scanner can look through history codes, there may be some others stored that don't throw the light on.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Start over & clean all the plugs again.. Remove all the grease.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Staging Lane

how long has this been going on...my grandpas truck did the same thing..it sat up with the hood open and worked fine in a couple of days...he said chevys are so good they fix themselves
Old 08-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Staging Lane

maybe a bad knock sensor??? worth checking out...
Old 08-01-2011, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

this has been goin on since the last post...now its loping like its got ****** blower surge but a lil faster paced...cuts out like crazy down low midrange etc and occasionally backfire through the exhaust...now when it was doin that i saw my volt guage surging up and down...like wtf, of couse ALL this **** has to happen when im unemployed...

Quick Reply: need help asap!