Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Need some help with tuning. EFILive

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help with tuning. EFILive

I got efilive and i have been doing alot of reading about tuning. I have learned the basics/easy stuff. Im looking for some pointers and where to start with it. I have everything listed in my sig. I have done alot of reading and im so confused with what i should start out with. Im attaching a log and tune file. The file is almost stock, i have changed the IFR table,deleted cats and turned on efans. Any help would be great. Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: tun
silverado whipple tune.tun (474.4 KB, 78 views)
File Type: efi
log02.efi (134.4 KB, 84 views)
Old 10-29-2007, 08:50 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just had a quick peek but....Here is a basic 5.3 blower tune(no cam though) to compare your tables to. I see plenty of KR due to lack of fuel. You can enable PE fueling by setting up B3616 similar to this tune. The way it is now you can get into boost before you achieve a throttle position that will enable Power Enrichment fueling. Might have to adjust it a little upward if you tow.

Best bet is to get a wideband AFR guage and follow the AutoVE tutorial for EFILive in order to get things dialed in.
Attached Files
RADIXORIG.tun (723.1 KB, 71 views)
Old 10-29-2007, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Question

Thanks. So i want to tune VE next then? Can someone list the things i should tune for my application in order. Sorry im a noobie at this and i will take all the help i can get. Im not looking for someone to tune my truck for me ,but rather just point me in the right direction and get me started off on the right foot. Im not real sure on how you seen that i was lacking fuel. Could you point me in the right direction as far a reading my logs?
Old 10-29-2007, 11:00 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A lean condition or too much timing will cause KR(knock retard). Timing looked acceptable from what I saw so there is not enough fuel or an intake leak(unmetered air) anywhere after the MAF sensor. Narrow bands should read in the .8XX's and go into the .9xx's when enrichment is active. It is hard to tell under lower throttle positions though because of the constant cycling. You need a wideband for better accuracy. You can log GM.AFR to see what is being commanded. Make sure that you are in the neighborhood of 14.7 AFR once warmed up and that it follows your PE table(B3618) under acceleration.

Dialing in the VE table is next using a wideband and the AutoVE tutorial.

Not sure about removing Abuse Management, Torque Limiting and the trans settings. Is your trans built?

edit: also make sure that your fuel pressure is within spec. because the PCM is assuming that in it's calcualtions.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:10 PM
Hello Dave

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One thing about the AutoVE... if you're running the stock 1 bar MAP sensor... either be extremely careful not to go into boost, or just don't do it. The MAF is far more critical for fueling control than the VE table for your tune.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have changed my PE as posted but im still getting alot of KR. What is the problem and how do i fix it till my wideband gets here? Im not sure if i have the right numbers plugged into my IFR table. I have the 8.1 liter marine injectors. I need some help with this if i can get any. Im lost, can i be running lean if the wrong number is in the IFR table or is another table making me run lean. I check my fuel pressure at the rail and it was 60 with the hose off. Any help would be great. I have my new tune and log below. Also how do i log GM.AFR. I cant find this in the PIDs. Thanks
Attached Files
silverado whipple tune.tun (474.6 KB, 88 views)
Log03.efi (106.6 KB, 46 views)
Old 10-30-2007, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

anyone?
Old 10-30-2007, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Few more logs. I did a short WOT run for you guys to look at. I also have a log of driving around. Check it out and let me know what ya think.
Attached Files
WOT log.efi (13.0 KB, 59 views)
log 00002.efi (67.9 KB, 59 views)
Old 10-30-2007, 08:35 PM
Hello Dave

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The reason you've got knock is you've got way too much timing. Table B5908, fuel mixture spark correction, needs to be paid attention. At 3600rpms and when temps are good, you're commanding 23* of timing...
Old 10-30-2007, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is there a good starting point at which i should start with the timing adjustment. Thanks for the help. Im all for learning. How did you know that? I want to learn as much as i can for you and everyone else.

Quick Reply: Need some help with tuning. EFILive