Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Need some help with tuning. EFILive

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 09:34 PM
Hello Dave

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No, leave your IFR table stock, as it is correct. Do you have a fuel pressure gauge?

What does your wideband read in boost?

Justin
Old 10-30-2007, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dc_justin
No, leave your IFR table stock, as it is correct. Do you have a fuel pressure gauge?

What does your wideband read in boost?

Justin
Do you mean leave it at 5.2 or put it back stock. I dont have the wideband yet it is on it way to the house still. I have a fuel guage that i connect to the fuel rail to check fuel pressure. I checked it today and it was at 60 at idle with the hose disconneted.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:44 PM
Hello Dave

Originally Posted by gao8302
Do you mean leave it at 5.2 or put it back stock. I dont have the wideband yet it is on it way to the house still. I have a fuel guage that i connect to the fuel rail to check fuel pressure. I checked it today and it was at 60 at idle with the hose disconneted.
Leave it as it is. It's correct for your injectors.

60 at idle is close enough for your IFR to not be affected. What is it with the vac line disconnected?
Old 10-30-2007, 09:47 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you have the vac line connected to the fuel pressure regulator when driving? If not, then the IFR table would be wrong. It would have to be sloped if fuel pressure is not boost referenced.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DrX
I think he means you IFR table is good as you have it and does your fuel pressure increase with MAP/boost.

Do you have the vac line connected to the fuel pressure regulator when driving? If not, then the IFR table would be wrong. It would have to be sloped if fuel pressure is not boost referenced.
Yes i keep it connected. I just disconnected it to see what the fuel pressure was at idle. I think it is boost referenced. IF it is my fuel pressure will increase with boost like you said right. My boost guage is connected to the vac line on the fuel pressure regulator. If that helps you with anything.

Last edited by gao8302; 10-30-2007 at 10:01 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:00 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes i keep it connected. I just disconnected it to see what the fuel pressure was at idle. I think it is boost referenced. IF it is my fuel pressure will increase with boost like you said right. My boost guage is connected to the vac line on the fuel pressure regulator. If that helps you with anything.
Sounds good. So FP should increase with boost and decrease with vacuum.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

So i guess my next step install my wideband when it gets here and get my afr correct. Then tune my Ve table and PE tables. I also have to get this cam tuned if you guys have any pointers on that. Thanks alot for all the help tonight
Old 10-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Hello Dave

So i guess my next step install my wideband when it gets here and get my afr correct. Then tune my Ve table and PE tables. I also have to get this cam tuned if you guys have any pointers on that. Thanks alot for all the help tonight
Well, there's not really any PE tuning to do. You set it at your target and adjust your airflow tables to achieve it. Since you're using the MAF sensor, boosted and with the stock MAP sensor and OS, don't spend a lot of time with the VE table. Concentrate on getting that MAF calibration nailed down.

And actually, with you being as lean as you are, I'd think you've got something affecting your fueling. Perhaps a clogged fuel filter or dirty MAF sensor.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dc_justin
Well, there's not really any PE tuning to do. You set it at your target and adjust your airflow tables to achieve it. Since you're using the MAF sensor, boosted and with the stock MAP sensor and OS, don't spend a lot of time with the VE table. Concentrate on getting that MAF calibration nailed down.

And actually, with you being as lean as you are, I'd think you've got something affecting your fueling. Perhaps a clogged fuel filter or dirty MAF sensor.
Thats a good question. Im going to check my inline fuel pump tomorrow. Maybe it quite working. I wonder how much that would affect it if it quit working. Now you have me thinking. I wonder if my fuse is out or if the pump is out. Good point.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

When should i do all the other stuff like ve and etc.. Im working on locating an 02 pcm. I would like to take full advantage of everything with the truck and the tune. Im just looking for your thoughts since you have been so helpfull.

Quick Reply: Need some help with tuning. EFILive