Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Nelson Mail Order Tune Bad?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FarmTruc
You just did a major overhaul and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a loose or missed ground. Also, the P/N switch could be bad.
No power at all to the starter means, it's not getting power. Check the relay too to ensure it's powering.
I've never had a pcm "go bad" we've had a bad calibration upload, or something similar, like high idle, or injector circuit issue, but if a pcm leaves here, it was scanned, programmed, and edited, which usually means it's good, but not 100%.

We can send you another one, just let me know.

Another thing to check, turn the key to the ON position, if you hear the fuel pump prime for 2 secs, the pcm is probably good, if not, make sure you have power to it

allen
I just replaced my Neutral Safety Switch on the tranny so it should be good. As for grounds, all that i am aware of are hooked up properly i'll give it another day and see if i can find a ground unhooked and then i'll get with you. Thanks
Old 07-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by FarmTruc
You just did a major overhaul and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a loose or missed ground. Also, the P/N switch could be bad.
No power at all to the starter means, it's not getting power. Check the relay too to ensure it's powering.
I've never had a pcm "go bad" we've had a bad calibration upload, or something similar, like high idle, or injector circuit issue, but if a pcm leaves here, it was scanned, programmed, and edited, which usually means it's good, but not 100%.

We can send you another one, just let me know.

Another thing to check, turn the key to the ON position, if you hear the fuel pump prime for 2 secs, the pcm is probably good, if not, make sure you have power to it

allen
Allen are you copying me?
Old 07-02-2007, 05:59 PM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

Originally Posted by benvortec
The fuel pump does cycle when the key is turned over
Sounds like the pcm is working. Manually trip the relay and see if it starts, then work your way back from there.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:30 AM
Launching!

how do you manually trip a relay?
Old 07-03-2007, 11:38 AM
TECH Regular

pull the negative battery tem off and let it sit for a min then try and start it.when i got the first pcm from nelson thats the only i could start the truck.but after i returned the PCM i never had any problems with any other PCM`s again truck would fire right up..
Old 07-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chuckie311
pull the negative battery tem off and let it sit for a min then try and start it.when i got the first pcm from nelson thats the only i could start the truck.but after i returned the PCM i never had any problems with any other PCM`s again truck would fire right up..
i've disconnected the battery several times and it doesn't work
Old 07-03-2007, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

youcould need to do a theft relearn!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2007, 11:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Grumpy4.8
youcould need to do a theft relearn!!!!!!
naw it's not that... when you need to do that it will atleast try and turn over
Old 07-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Launching!

Default SOME PROGRESS! But still not running! Help me out

So today after hours of trying to figure out my problem and screwing around with the neutral safety switch i got the motor to turn over! Tell me what the problem is here: the truck will only turn over if i first pull the shifter down into neutral and then put it back in reverse... and then it will fire while in reverse.(Neutral safety switch screwed up?) The truck still won't run! Remember however that i still have never got to do a security relearn because it won't attempt to turn over in park. What should i do?
Old 07-08-2007, 05:07 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default umm..

so is this a done deal? did you figure out how to adjust the prindle switch? KC

Quick Reply: Nelson Mail Order Tune Bad?