Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

the neverending question of hptuners vs efilive i wanna see screenshots

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the neverending question of hptuners vs efilive i wanna see screenshots

ok guys the avalanche is off the back burner and in full swing again ive decided on swapping the pcm and harness and going non fbw using a camaro/non fbw truck harness using the 99 style coil packs which are better than my 03s(i think)

ok i have an ls2 intake which im porting and flutting the intake runners smoothing out the bottom and taking out the center poles....if anyone has an ls2intake laying around or damaged i need it

i found a 07 block with the flat tops and 799 head which im gonna take my crank from a 5.3 block i have and install so the reluctor wheel isnt gen4 style
while i have it apart might as well put a new set of rods so i can spray the hell out of it

of coarse a cam
and a 150 wet shot maybe bigger

ok so im using camaro/non fbw truck harness and pcm because i want to have a flip swich for the nitrous retard and seems like thats the only pcms i can use for this-------does efi live and hptuners both have this option or just efilive???

ok so i have no gauge cluster now no dash or anything everything is gonna be sheetmetal inside and im using a pc with an lcd monitor mounted in the dash that way i always have my tuning software with me and if i have problems i can plug in my verizon card and get on here or another bored post up logs and ask for help

the main thing i wanna see is screenshots of your gauge setups on hptuners/efilive and i also wanna know how customizable are they

another thing is whats the price between the to with provisions for a wideband
Old 12-15-2008, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

also does anyone know any tuners in tn
i know speedsouth in alabama tunes but idk wat software they use??
Old 12-15-2008, 06:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by jkwalkercchs

ok so im using camaro/non fbw truck harness and pcm because i want to have a flip swich for the nitrous retard and seems like thats the only pcms i can use for this-------does efi live and hptuners both have this option or just efilive???
EFILive is the only one that I'm aware of with a custom OS that can add fuel and retard timing with the flip of a switch.

Originally Posted by jkwalkercchs
the main thing i wanna see is screenshots of your gauge setups on hptuners/efilive and i also wanna know how customizable are they
The Dash pages are COMPLEAT customisable with EFILive. The only limitation is your imagination.

I would recommend the EFILive Flash Scan V2 which is $799
Old 12-15-2008, 06:46 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kbracing96
I would recommend the EFILive Flash Scan V2 which is $799
Personally i like the scan tool of EFI Live, and if your tuning your own vehicle you will be spending countless hours starring at it.... I think the MAPs, PID lists, Filters, etc are easier to use in Efi Live.... But that is just a perference thing before I start getting flamed....
Old 12-15-2008, 06:47 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the most experience with EFIlive but either of them are great tuning tools.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like EFI Live's displays.
Why do you want screenshots? Why don't you just go to their websites and download the demo. You can do everything but load a tune.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:13 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you want the real story? from my point of view anyway.........

EFILive, Upside..

Lots of support from other users and maker. Lots of tuning options in custom operating systems, nitrous control, 2 bar, etc.....
Now have the ability for CAX.

The down side.....
tables look older, like a old version of windows. No Boost enrichment map based table, meaning if you run a 2 bar and want to spray meth, there is no "good" way to tune for it. you have to adjust for the meth in the v.e or any of the other RPM based adders

HPTuners, Upside....
Lots of support from users and builders, newer looking windows, 2 bar operating system adds a map based fuel table to aid in tuning meth.

The down side...
Only 1,2,and3 bar offered as a custom operating system. No cool valet mode or n2o modes

so imo, if you are running FI with meth you want HPTuners, Nitrous you want EFI, anything else is a toss up, they are both great and very competitive...
Old 12-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing

EFILive, Upside..

Lots of support from other users and maker. Lots of tuning options in custom operating systems, nitrous control, 2 bar, etc.....

The down side.....
tables look older, like a old version of windows. No Boost enrichment map based table, meaning if you run a 2 bar and want to spray meth, there is no "good" way to tune for it. you have to adjust for the meth in the v.e or any of the other RPM based adders

HPTuners, Upside....
Lots of support from users and builders, newer looking windows, 2 bar operating system adds a map based fuel table to aid in tuning meth.

The down side...
Only 1,2,and3 bar offered as a custom operating system. No cool valet mode or n2o modes

so imo, if you are running FI with meth you want HPTuners, Nitrous you want EFI, anything else is a toss up, they are both great and very competitive...
Nicely done. Those have always been the concerns I've heard.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by viciousknid
I like EFI Live's displays.
Why do you want screenshots? Why don't you just go to their websites and download the demo. You can do everything but load a tune.
seriously didnt know this
Old 12-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing

EFILive, Upside..

The down side.....

HPTuners, Upside....

The down side...

Nicely done, but don't HPtuners Custom Operating systems cost money to run? EFI Live's are free....

Quick Reply: the neverending question of hptuners vs efilive i wanna see screenshots