Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

P0121, Service TCS, Service ABS

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 12:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0121, Service TCS, Service ABS

I have a 2008 Chevy Tahoe LT. The truck went into storage 3 months ago and came out with a dead battery. The battery was charged and when started the cluster showed "Service Traction, Service Stabilitrak, Service ABS" Then after 2 drive cycles or so a P0121 CEL popped up.

The car drives 100% perfectly but in addition to the code and lights the power door locks do not function. When pressed, the only response is a faint "tick" sound coming from one of the inside fuse boxes under the steering column (not the fuse box nearest to the drivers side door).

So far I have checked every fuse in the engine bay as well as most of the ones I felt were relevant inside the cabin. I have cleared the P0121 and also tried to disable it by unchecking the SES box and choosing NO MIL within HPTuners.

I'm not sure if this is frowned upon or not but I am willing to paypal $100 to anyone that can lead me in the right direction to fixing this. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh yea, I would take it into the dealership but they want to keep it overnight just to have a look. I'll be searching for a new dealership over the weekend.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:02 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try cleaning the throttle body first

Does your software allow for idle relearn?

Throttle Learn

Reset Procedure (Performed after the throttle body is cleaned or replaced)

1. Ignition ON, engine OFF, perform the Idle Learn Reset in Module Setup with a scan tool.

2. Start the engine and monitor the TB Idle Airflow Compensation parameter. The TB Idle Airflow Compensation value should equal 0 percent and the engine should be idling at a normal idle speed.

3. Clear the DTCs and return to the diagnostic that referred you here.

Learn Procedure (Performed after the ECM is flashed or replaced)

Note: Do NOT perform this procedure if DTCs are set. Refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle .

1. Start and idle the engine for 3 minutes.

2. With a scan tool, monitor the Desired Idle Speed and the actual Engine Speed.

3. The ECM will start to learn the new idle cells and Desired Idle Speed should start to decrease.

4. Ignition OFF for 60 seconds.

5. Start and idle the engine for 3 minutes.

6. After the 3 minute run time the engine should be idling normal.

Note: During the drive cycle the check engine light may come on with idle speed DTCs. If idle speed codes are set, clear codes so the ECM can continue to learn.

--⇒ If the engine idle speed has not been learned the vehicle will need to be driven at speeds above 70 km/h (44 mph) with several decelerations and extended idles.

7. After the drive cycle, the engine should be idling normally.

--⇒ If the engine idle speed has not been learned, turn OFF the ignition for 60 seconds and repeat step 6.

8. Once the engine speed has returned to normal, clear DTCs and return to the diagnostic that referred you here.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

It seems now that the P0121 is gone for good now. There is a slight bit of idle surge at times but it seems to be getting better.

I still have the ABS and Traction/Stabilitrak idiots lights burning solid though. Also, the door locks still are not working. Only the small "tick" at the fuse box attempting to lock/unlock the doors.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:15 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OnyxY2KSS
It seems now that the P0121 is gone for good now. There is a slight bit of idle surge at times but it seems to be getting better.

I still have the ABS and Traction/Stabilitrak idiots lights burning solid though. Also, the door locks still are not working. Only the small "tick" at the fuse box attempting to lock/unlock the doors.
They are on because of the DTC in the ECM