Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

p0200 error bad injector?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 05:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default p0200 error bad injector?

I have 80lb deka siemen injectors pn 110324. My truck has dtc p0200 (injector circuit malfunction). After some troubleshooting i noticed the #8 injector was reading 11.4 ohms to the others 12.5. Is this my issue? I will get a node light on it tomorrow. Thanks
Old 09-12-2013, 04:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

ok after pulling the 8 injector it read like all the others. i also noticed that the fan thats triggered by the pcm isnt coming on. Its sounding like a pcm. anybody ever had this issue?
Old 09-12-2013, 06:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

put a noid on all 8 and they are flashing. That eliminates the pcm. it has to be an injector right?
Old 09-12-2013, 06:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

how can do i identify the bad injector?
Old 09-12-2013, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think starting with the basics will help. If you have a bad injector you should have a corresponding misfire counter for that cylinder. Your ohm readings indicate that your injector coils are good. The range is 11-14 ohms with no more than 3 ohms difference between any 2 injectors.

It sounds like you have a wiring issue somewhere, so I would check each of the injector ground wires for either short to power, short to ground or a break. If you have none of those, the manual calls for replacing the PCM due to a faulty driver.

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION
The control module enables the appropriate fuel injector on the intake stroke for each cylinder, ignition voltage is supplied to the fuel injectors. The control module controls each fuel injector by grounding the control circuit via a solid state device called a driver. The control module monitors the status of each driver. If the control module detects an incorrect voltage for the commanded state of the driver, a fuel injector control DTC sets.

CONDITIONS FOR RUNNING THE DTC

• The engine speed is more than 400 RPM .
  • The ignition voltage is between 6-18 volts .
CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC

• The PCM detects an incorrect voltage on a fuel injector control circuit.
  • The condition exists for 5 seconds .
ACTION TAKEN WHEN THE DTC SETS

• The control module illuminates the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) on the second consecutive ignition cycle that the diagnostic runs and fails.
  • The control module records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. The first time the diagnostic fails, the control module stores this information in the Failure Records. If the diagnostic reports a failure on the second consecutive ignition cycle, the control module records the operating conditions at the time of the failure. The control module writes the operating conditions to the Freeze Frame and updates the Failure Records.
CONDITIONS FOR CLEARING THE MIL/DTC

• The control module turns OFF the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) after 3 consecutive ignition cycles that the diagnostic runs and does not fail.
  • A current DTC, Last Test Failed, clears when the diagnostic runs and passes.
  • A history DTC clears after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles, if no failures are reported by this or any other emission related diagnostic.
  • Clear the MIL and the DTC with a scan tool.
DIAGNOSTIC AIDS

Last edited by Suburbazine; 09-12-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Its a faulty driver or tune. Going to purchase a pcm and have tuner reload.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If you swap injector pig tails check your wires also
Old 09-16-2013, 08:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 06murder
If you swap injector pig tails check your wires also
put a noid on all eight. all flashed about the same. the tuner had a truck do a similiar code on 1,3,5, and 7. he replaced the pcm and it worked.

I ordered a pcm tuned to my vin. should be here friday. Im pretty sure ill have to swap plugs. plan is to drive it to tuner swap pcm and plugs then drive home faster if possible.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like tuner need a good kick in the nuts
Old 09-18-2013, 10:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

i pretty sure its the driver in the pcm not the tuner. it ran great before this event, so i doubt its tuning, but i wont know till i swap it.

Quick Reply: p0200 error bad injector?