Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

P0327 Knock Sensor Low Voltage

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 11:48 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default P0327 Knock Sensor Low Voltage

I just got a P0327 knock sensor code thrown on my way home today. I washed the motor a couple days ago and just got back from offroading and bouncing around a little bit, code came on as soon as I tried to smoke the tires after I got back on the road. I have never taken the manifold off. How likely is it that the knock sensors got wet? Any other causes?
Old 12-13-2005, 12:08 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not very likely IMO unless you pulled one a bit when installing the radix. The design of the sensors and the cover on them is pretty sturdy you would have to pull it out yourself it wont jsut fall out and leave the sensor exposed.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:20 AM
High on diesel fumes

So what's a likely cause? This is the first time I have seen it.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:31 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Low voltage is more than likely caused from a harness that is unplugged.....What did you do to that poor truck!!
Old 12-13-2005, 12:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i washed my engine and I had the p0332 come up. My sensor was rusted like hell. I would expect your sensor has gotten wet if you washed your engine, and probably is on its way out.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:34 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats going to be a fun sensor to replace Little advice silicon the cover that plugs the hole
Old 12-13-2005, 12:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

it isnt bad, i changed mine in about 30 minutes, i just took a bunji(sp?) and held the front of theintake up to the hood. The only wiring i disconnected was the two coil pack main plugs. did it this weekend as a matter of fact
Old 12-13-2005, 01:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

How bad were you bouncing around? Check the connection first make sure it didnt fall off. If that checks out. Could be a pinched wire do ohms to ground test.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:01 AM
High on diesel fumes

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Low voltage is more than likely caused from a harness that is unplugged.....What did you do to that poor truck!!
I think this is residual damage from the alternator fire that is starting to pop up. I will have to check the wiring and make sure I didn't melt through one or something. If I pull the Radix is there anything special to watch out for?

Originally Posted by Formulized94
i washed my engine and I had the p0332 come up. My sensor was rusted like hell. I would expect your sensor has gotten wet if you washed your engine, and probably is on its way out.
I guess that's the other possibility...washed the engine to get all the Gatorade off that the guy poured on to put out the fire. After I washed it the truck sat for over 24 hours. I think that maybe if I had driven it right away any water that got in there would have evaporated, but since it sat maybe it had a chance to get down in there.

Originally Posted by 1slowsilverado
How bad were you bouncing around? Check the connection first make sure it didnt fall off. If that checks out. Could be a pinched wire do ohms to ground test.
Enough to max out the suspension a few times, but I never bottomed out or anything, and it wasn't violent bouncing, just resonant from the whoop-dees or whatever you call them that were on this road.

The thing that is interesting is that if I clear the code it won't come back until I wail on the motor some. After clearing the code once last night I went out and did a nice burnout on the street, then drove to the store without the light coming on. On the way home I did a WOT run from 0-90 or so, and as soon as I was done with it the code came back. I was monitoring the WOT run too and I was maxed at 8* KR the entire run.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:20 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you pull the supercharge system, just make sure your intake gaskets are good, more than likely you will need to replaced them.

Quick Reply: P0327 Knock Sensor Low Voltage