Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

P0757 Code...How to tune out the test?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 06:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question P0757 Code...How to tune out the test?

Okay, so I got the infamous shift solenoid B code...I've searched and it appears that the test can be tuned out. I'm using EFILive. Does anyone know the exact process of turning the test off? I dont think its as simple as turning off the DTCs?...Any help is appreciated!

Last edited by xlcooplx; 04-23-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:33 PM
TECH Resident

....?
Old 04-24-2008, 10:42 AM
TECH Resident

bump.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:43 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

why would it be bad to just turn the code off? It's not like there is a readiness test that you need to pass dealing with the trans. Turn the code off if it isn't an actual mechanical problem.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
why would it be bad to just turn the code off? It's not like there is a readiness test that you need to pass dealing with the trans. Turn the code off if it isn't an actual mechanical problem.
Maybe I should've prefaced the question with the situation. While driving yesterday, my trans became stuck in 2nd gear in limp mode. I had to drive from work to home with it in 2nd gear with my 3400 PI converter. Apparently, the PCM detects false slippage in the trans due to the looseness of the converter and causes the trans to go into limp mode. I'm wanting to delete the test that the PCM performs in order to detect this so I dont have the trans fall in limp mode anymore.

I dont know that turning the code off will solve the problem? Every thread I have search says "have your tuner delete the test." I even spoke with Chuck Johnson from FLT and this is what he had to say:
Code PO757 is a common false code that some vehicles set when running a stall converter. The cure for this problem is to have your tuner remove PO757 from your pcm, make sure he turns off the code and the test for PO757 and your problem will be fixed. If you do a search on this code you'll see what I'm talking about.
Sooo...does anyone know how to delete the test?
Old 04-24-2008, 08:05 PM

I have never heard of turning off trans tests as in "unchecking the run test" button. However, since ya have EFI, turn off the codes that are relying on that test. I am sure if what you say is true, the vcm puts you in limp mode because you are failing a "test", the actual set code is the limp mode trigger. Essentially turning off the code IMO would null the test. You might need to turn them all off to get the test to be ignored. Just like the o2's readiness test, by turning all the o2 codes to "no error reported" but allowing the pcm to see that it could set the light (even if it really can't) it will pass the readiness tests for the o2's. I am sure the GM engineers would do the same design for any other tests. Turn all those solenoid performance codes to no error reported.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:15 PM
TECH Resident

even P0753 and P0758? It says that they are Shift Solenoid Control Circuits...If these were turned off, the solenoids should still perform, right? I just hate to have any troubles out of this trans. Its a FLT Level5 that I havent had in the truck for over a month. Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 04-24-2008, 08:18 PM

Well, honestly if it were me, I'd just kill that ONE code and go from there. Give it a try, I think it will be fine. If not...one step at a time.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
Well, honestly if it were me, I'd just kill that ONE code and go from there. Give it a try, I think it will be fine. If not...one step at a time.
well..here's the kicker..there is no P0757 under the Transmission DTC Fault Processing enablers. That code is only found under the Engine DTC Processing enablers.

I just want to make sure that I get it turned off. Im just unsure of as to what to do since Chuck said to turn off the code AND delete the test...you know?
Old 04-24-2008, 08:57 PM
11 Second Truck Club

turn off 753 or 758 and try it out.
maybe do both.

i had my tuner do this to mine last week. can't remember which one he turned off or if he did both.
he said the same thing (that there was no 757 to turn off)

Quick Reply: P0757 Code...How to tune out the test?