Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

PE Activate?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 06:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PE Activate?

I am not going into PE. Anyone shed some light on this?

PE Delay = 0
PE MAP Threshold = 95 kPa
PE TPS = 50%

I am running COS3 and it is staying in the Commanded Fuel vs RPM Table.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

post your tune up goober, too many variables in that damn software.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:58 AM
TECH Addict

OK here's the tune and a log file.

I hope it makes sense to someone regarding the PE Mode activation.

Thanks

Attachment 49568

Attachment 49569

Last edited by Mort; 01-02-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:50 AM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

The reason it is staying in the Commanded Fuel vs RPM Table because it is the richer of the two tables... The PCM will always go with the richer mixture... Make sense?

Also in the tune you posted your PE MAP threshold is set to 130kpa.... I would lower that...
Old 10-16-2009, 04:17 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks Corey. I did not know it would go to the richer table but it does make sense in a way. Might even have read that before as I have less than Total Recall.....

I was trying to tie the PE table into my meth injection and lean my tune out to accommodate the meth without going very rich (high 9s). Looks like I will have to try fudging the boost VE table to get the job done. It is harder to tune the Boost VE and I wanted to leave it richer as a sort of backup, but so much for that plan.

Why did you suggest to lower the PE MAP Threshold from 130 kPa? I have read several posts by Justin (I think) that suggest setting it even higher to richen the mixture at higher boost levels but leave the lower levels a little leaner to aid in the transition and improve throttle response. Anyway, that is not what I was trying to do but interested in general.

Thanks
Old 10-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I remember the days of being scared to post tunes because people would steal this or nag yyou about that or make fun of that...fug it, with people like Corey and others around you are in good hands for posting your tune! I love seeing you and ithers get help with tuning, this is what it is all about here.

And because I am HPT...I am not helping with your last question...corey gets that honor again. LOL damn efi.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:15 PM
Resident Retard

Well the reason i mentioned to lower it was because your PE table was leaner than your commanded AFR table (B3647). So the way your tune is setup now, you basically never use it... If i were in your shoes... I would make PE richer than B3647 if you want to keep your PE threshold value that high... some medium throttle and light boost can have a little leaner AFR and under heavy throttle/WOT you can richer mixture... I am not sure how your meth is configured to operate whether it be RPM or MAP...
Old 10-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Resident Retard

BTW are you tuning the VE and boost VE with a wideband and adjusting it that way? The reason i ask is because both tables look really really smooth kinda like they have never been touched...
Old 10-16-2009, 05:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
Well the reason i mentioned to lower it was because your PE table was leaner than your commanded AFR table (B3647). So the way your tune is setup now, you basically never use it... If i were in your shoes... I would make PE richer than B3647 if you want to keep your PE threshold value that high... some medium throttle and light boost can have a little leaner AFR and under heavy throttle/WOT you can richer mixture... I am not sure how your meth is configured to operate whether it be RPM or MAP...
I have not been using PE. The only reason I was playing with it was to try to lean out the tune to balance the meth injection. I will let the tune run off the B3647 table to about 4 psi and then tune the A0009 table to cut fuel when the meth activates and I see the AFR go into the 9's above 4000 rpm and 130 kPa.
The meth is on a progressive Alky control triggered off of a MAP sensor.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
BTW are you tuning the VE and boost VE with a wideband and adjusting it that way? The reason i ask is because both tables look really really smooth kinda like they have never been touched...
I have been tuning with a LC1 but with a twist... Instead of just pasting the results of the WO2BEN map table into the tables I have been applying percents and smoothing some areas. I was just tired of looking at lumpy bumpy tables. I suppose I should get over it and just apply the BENs like in the tutorial. What do you think?

Thanks

Quick Reply: PE Activate?