Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

PE Activate?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 06:07 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Mort
I have been tuning with a LC1 but with a twist... Instead of just pasting the results of the WO2BEN map table into the tables I have been applying percents and smoothing some areas. I was just tired of looking at lumpy bumpy tables. I suppose I should get over it and just apply the BENs like in the tutorial. What do you think?

Thanks
If your wanting smoother VE and boost table, check out this spreadsheet. I believe it is self explanatory. Also using ALOT of filters IAT, ECT, TP% changes, FuelCellTrim (to take out decel), and if you really want to get stupid you can also filter on a battery voltage range to isolate your Injector Pluse Width to a single column....
Attached Files
File Type: zip
Interpolation.zip (16.9 KB, 37 views)
Old 10-17-2009, 09:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Corey. That Spreadsheet looks like it will do a good job of smoothing the BENs. I will give it a try.

When you look at the BEN maps and see the range of values in any given cell you can start to appreciate all of the things that affect those values as you mention. Like KB mentioned he does shorter logs. That way, after you get the VE tables in shape under general driving conditions, you can define specific areas to cover and try to get results specific to those areas. Well easy to say but harder to do. It is a learning process for me. Don't think I plan to get totally nutty about it but never say never....LOL

Hey Dewey, Thanks man for looking out!
Old 10-18-2009, 02:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard of quite alot of people just using the BoostVE table to set their fueling at higher Kpa...and disabling PE altogether. I'm still running with PE.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Howard, I have been running off the BoostVE table but running too rich. With meth injection that gets even richer and I see high 9's when the meth is activated. I was trying to pull fuel using PE to balance off the meth but it did not work so now I am on to plan B. That is to lean out the BoostVE.

Well I don't want to go (again!) so I am trying to figure out the best option for a street truck. Maybe 50/50 meth/water and only lean out the BoostVE a little so that it will not go if the meth fails. Maybe only bring my combined AFR up to 11 vs 11.5 run by most FI users. I have always run in the 10's AFR but I have learned that these engines go fast if you lean them out too much.