Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

PE tuning procedures/questions....

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 11:49 AM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default PE tuning procedures/questions....

I have my part throttle dialed in pretty good, now I am looking at dialing my WOT/PE part. Since I have not seen any real procedures/quides I have kinda pieced together my plan of attack. From my understanding fueling below "RPM Threshold for Airflow Calculation" (B0120) (4000 default), the computer uses a combination of VE and MAF to calculate the amount of air needed to achieve the AFR Commanded. Above that value the computer uses MAF only to achieve the AFR Commanded. Is this correct? I am sure there are a few other modifier tables that will affect the AFR, but from what I have read these are the main ones....

1. I am starting with a mild spark advance so that should not be a problem.
2. Adjust tune for OLSD in order to tune the VE table. I will be filtering/excluding all TP% < 95, this way I only get WOT values.
3. I have set my PE table (B3618) up like the below picture. From my understanding once the PE enablers have been met the computer will take the richer of the two tables (Commanded Open Loop (B3605) and PE (B3618)). I have read that is good to richen up the mixture at peak TQ and leaner at peak HP. From the dyno graphs I have seen on stock interal 4.8s peak TQ is ~4500-4800 and peak HP is ~5900-6000.

4. I will use a BEN correction based off of my WB to align the VE table in the MAP ranges 90-100. This should take care of the <4000 rpm range which from my understand is where the VE table comes into play. Above that is strictly MAF.
5. Next I will re-enable the MAF and lower the "RPM threshold for Airflow Calculation" (B0120) to roughly 1500-2000 RPM to dial in the MAF table.
6. I will use the BEN correction based off of my BW to align the MAF Table (B5001). Filtering/excluding all TP% < 90..
7. after all that then put tune back to CL mode....

So does this sound like a good way to tune WOT fueling??? Eventually I will do this same procedure at the track to adjust the different AFR values to obtain the best AFR for my truck, but until then this is what I am starting with....

Anyone see any problems with any of that?