Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Picking up a Diablo Predator tommorwo

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 11:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i took the screen out and it was messing up the timing of the tune.... I think thats what the 06monte ss said so i got one from a member here
Old 11-18-2009, 11:33 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

lol....

ya I'm sure it was the MAF causing the problems...
Old 11-18-2009, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

yep, stupid move
Old 11-18-2009, 11:49 AM
Wearin' da big hat

I was kidding btw
Old 11-18-2009, 12:00 PM
On The Tree

dammit, yeah i dont think there is a place that like handhelds. I completely regret getting the thing.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:51 PM
Teching In

The handheld is just a method of updating the computer. If you are not happy with the results, it is the tune you don't like. You can still go to a shop that has a dyno and have him write you a tune for use with the Predator. Then you still have all the convenience and options you bought a handheld for.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Originally Posted by mikeb33
The handheld is just a method of updating the computer. If you are not happy with the results, it is the tune you don't like. You can still go to a shop that has a dyno and have him write you a tune for use with the Predator. Then you still have all the convenience and options you bought a handheld for.
I paid $250 for my laptop tuning software. If you're smart and shop around, there is absolutely no reason to stick with the "convenience" of a handheld. He already said he wants to learn how to tune, so that negates the only downside to tuning yourself.

My advice, sell the programmer for whatever you can get for it on ebay or wherever, look on ls1tech classifieds or something similar for EFILive or HPTuners and get something worth while. There is a reason why nobody runs handheld programmers on this forum.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, trust me, i would have went with efi live or HP tuners a LONG time ago but i have a mac and theres not alot of people that want to let me use their windows laptop to edit my truck. Some say get a program to run window on the mac but thats another $500 im down. The good news is a friend from another forum does EFI live tuning is opening up a shop so im gonna go their and see if he can pull some power out. Worst case, i have an extra MAF and i sell it for what i got it for and I sell the diablo. I the mean time theres still some work that has to been done before i will see any changes. Im getting a code for bad cats so i think thats whats holding my back so im bringing it in to get looked at.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:34 PM
On The Tree

Sorry to bring this back up but i just got my cats and new brakes and rotors done today and stuff has been acting up ever since. I got the cats in, went home after logging data, made my changes, as soon as i pull the truck out of the garage it dies. I start it back up no problem. Drive the truck around and for some reason my door locks click back and forth and i see my CEL flicker while this happened. After that its all fine until i pull into the driveway again and the ABS light goes on. So i upload my original tune and its all back to normal. Im going on a 5 hour drive tomorrow and CAN NOT have to truck acting up. Any ideas? I think im gonna leave the stock tune on until i get back
Old 12-17-2009, 05:37 PM
On The Tree

I forgot to mention that i just put in a peripheral ipod adapter yesterday and while i was testing it the ground cam lose and cause the PCM to show "Unknown Driver" and all the usual stuff that happens when loading a tune. The truck ran great and the ipod adapter sounded good until today when the mechanic said that he saw that i was "messing with the PCM" Idk if it was the adapter or not.

Quick Reply: Picking up a Diablo Predator tommorwo