Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Please HELP!!! Baffled, stock motor problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03RCSB
Fock! replaced all the **** the shop said they were gonna and nothin, stil runs the same, they said there is nothin wrong with the cats, im headin to a friends shop so we can smoke test the intake and then seafoam the motor, Im def gettin tired of this crap

I would go get my $100 back or they would be fixin my truck for free!!!
Old 07-31-2007, 11:29 AM
FormerVendor

Pick up a can of MAF cleaner and spray down the wires inside the MAF to clean them. I clean mine every time I change the oil. If the MAF gets dirty it will throw all the codes you are having.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:23 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ive cleaned the MAF sensor, it was one of the first things I did. I took it to a friends shop over the weekend and we went over it from top to bottom. fuel pressure is good, air fuel is good, we cant figure out whats wrong with it. I know its going to end up being something incredibly stupid but im done messing with it, i give up. made an appointment for the dealer to take it in monday.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:45 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Alright you guys arent going to believe this one.....I dropped it off at the dealer last night, they just called and said it was a clogged cat. Tdrumm was right........

But heres the kicker, After tdrumm metioned this to me you can see a few posts back I brought it to a muffler shop, told them twice to test the cat. they said it wasnt the cat and wanted to charge me $700 for various other parts. I took the truck back and paid $130 for the parts, swapping them in myself later that day and it didnt change a damn thing.

Someone in this thread also mentioned that it will be under federal warranty because the truck only has 55,000 or so on it. Now im thinkin these guy didnt want to do the job for free and wanted to slam me for parts because think I would have just agreed with it.

I am heading back there to get my $100 for the diagnostic test which they performed and didnt even check what I asked them to. Do you guys think I am justified?

They are members of the better buisness bureau, If I cant get anything back I will be calling them and the local paper......sick and tired of people always trying to screw someone

Let me know what you guys think.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:45 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am heading back there to get my $100 for the diagnostic test which they performed and didnt even check what I asked them to. Do you guys think I am justified?
Yes. Either they lied or are incompetent. Either way you paid to test something and it turned out you were right.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:26 PM
TECH Addict

Alright you guys arent going to believe this one.....I dropped it off at the dealer last night, they just called and said it was a clogged cat. Tdrumm was right........

But heres the kicker, After tdrumm metioned this to me you can see a few posts back I brought it to a muffler shop, told them twice to test the cat. they said it wasnt the cat and wanted to charge me $700 for various other parts. I took the truck back and paid $130 for the parts, swapping them in myself later that day and it didnt change a damn thing.

Someone in this thread also mentioned that it will be under federal warranty because the truck only has 55,000 or so on it. Now im thinkin these guy didnt want to do the job for free and wanted to slam me for parts because think I would have just agreed with it.

They are members of the better buisness bureau, If I cant get anything back I will be calling them and the local paper......sick and tired of people always trying to screw someone

Let me know what you guys think.
I'm glad that you got it nailed down and it's going to be taken care if. And I definately think that the other shop should refund your $100.